Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

I am candling 6 white and 15 blue wheaten ameracauna eggs tonight for Thurs. hatch.

Quote:
I tried to post a pic of last week's hatch (16/19 d'uccles) but I can't seem to figure out how to get a pic from my new cell phone onto my computer....
hmm.png
My next set (besides my broody) is due on Sunday.
smile.png

Quote:
I tried to post a pic of last week's hatch (16/19 d'uccles) but I can't seem to figure out how to get a pic from my new cell phone onto my computer....
hmm.png
smile.png

Can you email it to yourself, than save it?

Well, the OP is hatching, too! I finally got my two hova 1588's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Friday, I'm setting:

12 BR
12 EE (with lav rooster in pen)
12 Silkie and Easter egging Silkie
12 assorted Ameraucana (with black roosters in pen)
24 BBS orp
12 BO
12 Delaware

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Quote:
hmm.png
smile.png

Can you email it to yourself, than save it?

Nope, I tried that, it comes through as the wrong file type, .jpg isn't an option, it's like .apx or something like that...darned smart phones!!
somad.gif

Congrats, and good luck on your hatch!!!
lol.png

Just finished my first "test run" hatch. I turned eggs twice daily before setting and used an electric turner in the incubator.

On Day 18 I candled and had 12 viable eggs. I put 6 under a broody hen and kept 6 in the incubator. Only three hatched--days 20, 21, and 22 (another one had pipped and quit on day 19--pip was in the center far from the air sac). I did have a high humidity issue on Day 18 but got it back to normal pretty quickly. I had put water in all the channels, not just the center and second ones.

Is that a poor hatch? Average? The broody didn't hatch any of hers, so I don't know if it was the eggs or if she got off the nest too long or something else.

I'm ready to try a full tray of 42 eggs on Wednesday.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I put 30 eggs into lockdown in my 1588 -
yippiechickie.gif

Here's hopeing they ALL hatch!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
caf.gif

I got my fingers crossed for you!
smiley.jpg
boxofchicks.gif

I'm on day 10 with 60 eggs (I did some stacking!) on my 2nd hatch of the spring. I only candled the 13 FBCM shipped eggs and a few of the others so far. I had 47 of 48 hatch the first time with stacking.​

Last edited:
Dividing Hovabator?
Does anyone divide the incubator in any way to keep track of which breed of chicks hatch? I sorted my eggs out but didn't realize the new chicks would play soccer and roll the eggs all around. For this next hatch I'm wondering about putting some kind of plastic or cardboard divider in there?

Back
Top Bottom