How about a new thread for those of us in wheelchairs?

Quote:
Thats what I want. I have alot of little "hunny do" projects and no hunny....
gig.gif
Replace the control valve on the main line to the Big water tank
Check the water lines and faucets that are served by this tank, covering about an acre.
Remove faucets that are too corroded to repair and cap off those lines for the interem
Replace the insulation on all working faucet stand pipes. (piece of duct slipped over then filled with sand)
Replace the main gate to the yard. It got blown off this spring some time.

Run PVC water line inside small diameter waste line down to the corral. I cant dig and its about the only way I can figure out how to protect the water line from UV. the horse's water has always been served by water hose.... a hundred feet of it. Painting the pipe is an option too.... I am weighing that as well.

Build a new hay platform and a wall to keep the horse from "doing Take out" from the hay pile. She can lift a whole bale if she can get a good grip on it and drop the bale by her fence where she disassembles it through the bars... LOL. My plan requires whole sheets of plywood prefabbed to drop over the top of pallets. then screwed into place and affixed to a wall I need to build thats six feet tall not five.

The plumbing stuff I can do.... I need to find a helper for the Hay storage mods.

Thats only addressing a part of the outside stuff. The inside stuff I can do in little batches. with the walker

deb

Hi all, I am new here on BYC and someone asked if I could post my video here. The video is of my new chickens I got I am new to chickens but I have been gardening most of my life. The past 5 years my health has went downhill. I have a host of things wrong from heart working at 23% to a back problem I was born with. So I am learning to do things in a different way now. The gardening problem I found a way to grow thing in buckets on my back deck. I have a few videos on bucket gardening on YT just look up henrycems on YouTube. Hope you enjoy the video if you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer them for you. Take care.
Bud.

0.jpg

Hi all, I am new here on BYC and someone asked if I could post my video here. The video is of my new chickens I got I am new to chickens but I have been gardening most of my life. The past 5 years my health has went downhill. I have a host of things wrong from heart working at 23% to a back problem I was born with. So I am learning to do things in a different way now. The gardening problem I found a way to grow thing in buckets on my back deck. I have a few videos on bucket gardening on YT just look up henrycems on YouTube. Hope you enjoy the video if you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer them for you. Take care.
Bud.

0.jpg
Love your video.... What kind of scooter do you have? It seems to handle bumpy ground very well.... I am shoping for something to run about my property...

Oh and WELCOME to BYC
welcome-byc.gif
from San Diego.

deb

Love your video.... What kind of scooter do you have? It seems to handle bumpy ground very well.... I am shoping for something to run about my property...

Oh and WELCOME to BYC
welcome-byc.gif
from San Diego.

deb

Thanks for the kind words. The scooter is a Golden Tec Companion II it was given to me when the owner got a new one from the VA. It does well for me I just hope it lasts a little longer. They do make some with bigger tires and springs but they are high. Hope this helps take care.
Bud

Quote:
Thanks a bunch Bud... Been shopping on Craigslist and doing comparisons on line to see what brands do what.... While looking online I found they have some awesome off road mobility scooters but to a one they are made in the UK. Were talking twelve inch diameter tires and suspensions that will take them up freaking stairs. I dont need that but my terrain is Granite with a layer of loose material on top. its level in kind of natural terraces so I could build wooden driveways to get me from level to leve.

So many ideas.... I will look up Golden Tec Companion....

deb

One of the most incredible mechanical things I've seen was a piano moving device. Something similar as a base for a wheel chair type of thing would be pretty cool.

This thing can carry a grand piano up a flight of 45 degree stairs.

One of the most incredible mechanical things I've seen was a piano moving device. Something similar as a base for a wheel chair type of thing would be pretty cool.

This thing can carry a grand piano up a flight of 45 degree stairs.
You mean like this?
b0438fb46766942c8b35a7c9d19a35451eaeb5b5.jpg

ME WANTS one.... LOL.

but

Something like this is what would be good for me. Just a motor drivin rear wheels motorcycle style controls
This is made in England. I could put a tow hitch on it too.

tws-pic3.jpg

Something like this I could drive the 1.5 miles to the mail box and back.

deb

Last edited:
Quote: Are you able to handle an ATV? They have caterpillar track modification sets too. And work in pretty much any terrain, you can go 70kph in snow with one.
An ATV is good... if someone gave me one I would use it. For the terrain around here perfectly suited unmodified. I was kind of joking about the tank one...

What I really Need is a Gaitor. Problem is even used down to salvaged parts they go for around two thousand dollars. I want alot.... I can only afford about 500. I will go for what I can get on Craigslist initially. Most likely a used golf cart. The nice part about a scooter is I wouldnt have to modify gates at my place... I am torn.

I hope to build something using motorcycle wheels and a bent tubing chassis. Working on some sketches. but you know how that goes... I get immersed in the process... sigh.

deb

Back
Top Bottom