how can you tell the gender of a chicken?

Here is a better pic.

Help with genders please?

Also, any ideas about which breeds they are would be great- not sure based on scarce internet resources on the matter

Thanks

#1 (the brown one with white spots)

#2 (the orange-ish one)

#3 (the black one with white spots)

#4 (the white one)

How can you tell the difference with a rooster from a hen? My little bird is about 2 months old. Dark pink comb. I cant tell if she is a she or a rooster. She is an americana chicken.

How can you tell the difference with a rooster from a hen? My little bird is about 2 months old. Dark pink comb. I cant tell if she is a she or a rooster. She is an americana chicken.
They are different ways, the basic way is a Rooster will have a redder comb (at an early age) and later on will grow male feathers. Could you post a picture of the chicken in question? Also chances are your bird is an Easter Egger (often sold as Americanas which isn't a breed).

They are different ways, the basic way is a Rooster will have a redder comb (at an early age) and later on will grow male feathers. Could you post a picture of the chicken in question? Also chances are your bird is an Easter Egger (often sold as Americanas which isn't a breed). 

This is my chicken. I was told its an Americana. Cant tell if its a boy or girl. This picture was from a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom