How do you get rid or Opssums & Racoons ???

Man and chickens best friend(s) great team effort there,
cool.png
love it.
Quote:

Relocating said animals is a bad idea if you have a healthy population and you introduce a sick critter now you have a new sick population not a good practice

Predator proofing the coop is necessary, but if my neighbor and I weren't trapping and shooting, we'd be knee deep in the darned things. The land owner here scatters cat food all over, there's all kinds of neat stuff to eat, plus this place is excellent habitat for well, everything. The possums want to live in the land owner's house with him and I've had them run across my feet while sitting in there talking with him, and the skunks too - they just smell up the place. I had a large possum try to set up housekeeping in the space under my sink (my trailer no longer has the physical integrity it had about 50 years ago when it was new) and would not quit, so he got trapped and put down. No we can't get 'em all, but it does make a difference to keep the numbers down.

I use a Havahart live trap then shoot them. The traps are easy to use and they work while you sleep. My FIL had a problem with skunks and didn't want to shoot them so he covered his havahart trap with a trash bag and once he trapped a skunk would drop it in a trashcan full of water. Whatever works for ya i guess. And i agree the first thing is making your coop as predator proof as possible.

ETA GarlicEater sriracha hot sauce is the absolute best!

Last edited:
Anyway you can get rid of those filthy worthless excuses of life. I loathe chicken killers. Most of the ones here end up as road kill since I live near some noisy roads with lots of traffic.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom