How do you get rid or Opssums & Racoons ???

Quote:
And likely against code if not actually illegal.

Notice I said "should I feel the need..." I don't feel the need. Garsh, you folks take stuff too seriously......

my dog has killed 4 opposum in the last 3 months for us, if he doesn't get them our .22 will! The turkey vultures take care of disposal!

Years ago when me dad had his several thousand chickens, if we trapped any predators including rats. We would put them into a barrel with a hose stuck into one end and the other jammed up the tail pipe of the family pickup.
Does any one here remember the old feed bags? Cotton with a print. The women made curtains and other things with them.

foux003

Quote:
My Mother's Black Lab and her Beagle had free roam of our yard. the Beagle would find the woodchuck and the Lab would kill it and then eat the head. The poor Beagle never got a taste. This worked out well until the Beagle died and then the Lab never hunted again. That's when I started getting Predators in my yard.

foux003

Make sure to check with your local laws on protecting livestock.
The best and most efficient way to remove them is to, well..shot them.
But if your laws don't allow it, or allow live trapping and releasing, call your local animal control, or fish and wildlife and see if they will help you.
Sound desperate and pathetic and they most likely will do everything they can to help you.
You can also look into getting a dog of some sort.
Good luck to you!

Years ago when me dad had his several thousand chickens, if we trapped any predators including rats. We would put them into a barrel with a hose stuck into one end and the other jammed up the tail pipe of the family pickup.

Does any one here remember the old feed bags? Cotton with a print. The women made curtains and other things with them.

foux003

I learned how to sew using printed feed sacks. I wore dresses I sewed all the way through middle school. My mom still uses them to make dish towels. :) the good ol' days

Back
Top Bottom