How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

That is awful about your run, but wonderful you got eggs. I doubt it stressed them out at all your birds always look really happy.:)
I lost my run due to a tree branch on Sunday(really bad storm-no power for two days)I ended up bringing all the chickens and ducks inside because the run isn't safe.

No joke, they all laid an egg the last two days. I thought for sure the stress from the move and being inside would stop them, Nope.

That is awful about your run, but wonderful you got eggs. I doubt it stressed them out at all your birds always look really happy.:)

They have now taken over my bedroom..seriously--I'm sleeping on the couch..lol

image.jpg
image.jpg

Two again today! And Marlene's egg was actually pretty! No lumps or bumps all one color too, i'm not use to that at all she normally lays head scratchers. @WindingRoad I feel for you, my nosy neighbor calls here every molting season to tell me the girls look sick and I have to explain molting to her. She means well i'm sure, but it gets on my nerves a little bit.;)
I belonged to a knitting forum. They other knitters were knitting sweaters for chickens. Because they didn't have any feathers because the other chickens had pecked them all off. I couldn't tell them chickens don't need sweaters. Remember dumb can be fixed stupid is forever.

Sorry for the problems bit of rain here equals mud I have rubber boots that can take me through any weather great grip bought a set of tennis shoes that have pretty good grip for more mundane seem so far 9 in the main coop 1 from silky coop... 2 rather dark eggs
have started showing up more so than any realized the cuckoo marans I have three have started laying not quite chocolate but more closer to raspberry in color

so than any realized the cuckoo marans I have three have started laying not quite chocolate but more closer to raspberry in color
Thats good news on your Marans (well maybe not so much on the colour if you were after chocolate colour, but raspberry sounds amazing - we need a pic!), how old are they again Penny? My 2 are 23 weeks.
Only got 1 silkie egg yesterday - none of my 3 layers - very odd!

I haven’t been on this thread since notification was zilts and been busy with holidays. My 30 layers, only getting 1-2 a day since most are still in full molt. Thankful for the six May/June new layers I get 4-5 consistently. Now all my Black Copper Marans went on egg laying vacation regardless of their ages (6 months to 4 years old).
The 17 to 22 wk olds have never started laying so I get zero dark eggs. :( I might start supplement lights in the morning next week since we only get less than 9 hours of daylight and weather was crazy been wet freezing rain and snow last two weeks. :rolleyes:

The 17 to 22 wk olds have never started laying so I get zero dark eggs.
Same here! My girls are 23 weeks now. Not sure if you saw my other tag of you but the BCM you thought was a roo when he was little is actually a pullet :wee:weeso pleased as means I have 1 blue and one black :weecan't wait for the first egg, I'm not going to do lights so figure it will be after solstice now!

Back
Top Bottom