How many eggs does one peahen lay and what time frame is that?

I tried to use my little giant incubator that worked in March to hatch 3 chicken eggs, I had 100% two years ago hatching 7/7 baby chcks, but I had a terrible time keeping the temp and humidity constantly the same this time. I've also borrowed a supposedly broody hen from a man at church to see if she would sit on them, but she isn't being consistent either. I guess I need to buy another incubator, but hoped not to have to do that.

Thanks, Kathye

Yes some yearling will lay ,but rare .Now if with older male they will be fertile.

All my 2 yr old layed. most of mine layed 3 to 5 clutch a year 5 to 7 eggs per clutch.

Wow learned something here. Never knew they layed that many. Is it all in the spring and you pulled them to double clutch sorta speak?

Are they all in sucession, Dont know if i spelled that right. Like after one clutch, its another and then another or are yall talking skipping a month or so?

Honestly, I usually don't notice the down time because I usually have three or more females in a pen. I would guess the downtime is usually a couple of weeks at the most. I think pulling the eggs daily tends to make them just keep on laying with minimal down time.

Egg laying started so early this year, that it is going to be interesting to see hhow many eggs I will eventually get.

Back
Top Bottom