How many eggs does one peahen lay and what time frame is that?

Thanks so much, my beleif always is anything is a price of what someone wants to pay for

So eggs not being bred..aren't doing me any good just going in the trash right?

Sooooo, I guess your saying..sell them eh?
Hehehehe

not for hatching eggs, only for consumption at that point in time.

I have 6 hens all in pens with 3 cocks I averaged 42 eggs per bird last year. But I was only feeding laying mash to them all year. The earliest I got an egg last year was late February. I did maintain a 85% hatch rate last year also. So I've had very good luck with my flock!
Good to know - thanks!

What age do they start?
I'm sure you know by now but I just went through my FIRST Laying season and tho i probably didn't collect the FIRST of my peahen's eggs, I did incubate the first ones I found and those did hatch !!!
I felt like they wouldn't bc often the first from a chicken aren't fertile. My 2 hens were 2 this season, and that's not a SOLID 2 meaning she was a June 2015 hatchling herself and I got the first egg in April. Also my male (4yrs) and she had never mated that I witnessed.

IMG_2186.JPG
I'm sure you know by now but I just went through my FIRST Laying season and tho i probably didn't collect the FIRST of my peahen's eggs, I did incubate the first ones I found and those did hatch !!!
I felt like they wouldn't bc often the first from a chicken aren't fertile. My 2 hens were 2 this season, and that's not a SOLID 2 meaning she was a June 2015 hatchling herself and I got the first egg in April. Also my male (4yrs) and she had never mated that I witnessed.

I forgot to mention MY OWN QUESTION. My peafowl free range and my question is how many eggs on average does a hen lay during one season? Bc mine free range I was lucky to find any. Between both hens I collected only 7 and hatched only 3.

IMG_3431.JPG
Also I read in a group that the hens take a break between clutches.
Thank you
Thanks so much, my beleif always is anything is a price of what someone wants to pay for

So eggs not being bred..aren't doing me any good just going in the trash right?

Sooooo, I guess your saying..sell them eh?
Hehehehe

Back
Top Bottom