How many have you ate ?

Nodakj

Songster
Jul 22, 2022
1.45 hrs straight east of Fargo ND
Ok so to try to keep my egg situation under control i have upped my egg consumption. But i am kind of failing as we have 12 pol pullets laying an average this month of 9.7 eggs per day. The other day i ate 5 eggs for breakfast 4 eggs for lunch and another 5 for supper. Thats a total of 14 eggs in 1 day and my personal record. What is the most eggs you personally consumed in 1 day ? (I did not plan on eating that many but it just ended up that way).

Uhm, I'm not a doctor, but I would NOT suggest doing that. Consuming tons of eggs every day could be very dangerous. Eggs are extremely high in cholesterol. Sell the eggs, give them away to people, or give them away to a food bank. Please don't eat 12+ eggs a day.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/how-many-eggs-can-i-safely-eat
Sorry but your link proves nothing. I am 60 and in eggcellent health. My cholesteral levels are fine my liver is in good shape and if i died tomorrow it probably isn't going to be from my eating habits. I remember many gym rats who ate raw eggs by the dozens. Frankly imho eggs are truly a super food and i will continue to enjoy them as i please. Thank you for your concern you are truly a blessing.

Last edited:
An egg heavy day for me would be something like deviled eggs (4 per person) and 1 egg at lunch. Turns out I don't enjoy eggs in large quantities :) so I deliberately get chicken breeds that are more decorative/a little lower in production.

We don't eat breakfast technically but I have no problem doing breakfast for dinner (aka frittatas, breakfast burritos, various breakfast bakes), so that's about twice a week during spring and summer.

Our three dogs love eggs, so if we get a surplus they each start getting an egg a day which helps save a bit on dog food costs as well.

An egg heavy day for me would be something like deviled eggs (4 per person) and 1 egg at lunch. Turns out I don't enjoy eggs in large quantities :) so I deliberately get chicken breeds that are more decorative/a little lower in production.

We don't eat breakfast technically but I have no problem doing breakfast for dinner (aka frittatas, breakfast burritos, various breakfast bakes), so that's about twice a week during spring and summer.

Our three dogs love eggs, so if we get a surplus they each start getting an egg a day which helps save a bit on dog food costs as well.
Yes we rarely have breakfast for dinner but that day was the exception. When someone cooks for me I am grateful and eat it. I typically eat around 4 eggs a day. That was the odd day for sure.

Yes we rarely have breakfast for dinner but that day was the exception. When someone cooks for me I am grateful and eat it. I typically eat around 4 eggs a day. That was the odd day for sure.
If I don't do breakfast for dinner I average 1 egg a day, that's about perfect for me.

Hubby does love eggs but he relies on me to cook them, so he gets an extra serving maybe once a week lol, or whenever the pan for the dogs' eggs is available. I promised to make him some tomorrow before brunch, because the restaurant charges $5 per egg which is ridiculous, and they never cook it until it's way overcooked, which is how he likes it. :confused:

I don't eat eggs :oops:

Except in things, like fried chicken, brownies, french toast, etc

12813952_990923404288566_7704917544686563207_n.jpg

Our extra eggs go back to the chickens or the dogs, but we still have a bit of an "egg situation". It would be nice if we had decent customers around here but frankly, we just got tired of having to nanny people over egg cartons, and when they're coming to pick their eggs up. It wasn't worth a few dollars per ordeal.

Uhm, I'm not a doctor, but I would NOT suggest doing that. Consuming tons of eggs every day could be very dangerous. Eggs are extremely high in cholesterol. Sell the eggs, give them away to people, or give them away to a food bank. Please don't eat 12+ eggs a day.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/how-many-eggs-can-i-safely-eat
We have 8 hens and they will give us more eggs then we will or can use. Can supply family with what we can't use and they are giving us their empty store bought egg cartons. I think it is their way of dropping SUBTLE hints.

I only have 4 eggs, every other morning, or make a sandwich with egg, & sausage, or bacon.
Another thing I like is a scrambled eggs, with cheese, & bacon.

Other mornings I just have bacon, oatmeal, or sausage for breakfast. I haven't had French Toast in awhile though.

I get between 18 - 24 eggs a day from my chickens.

Can supply family with what we can't use and they are giving us their empty store bought egg cartons. I think it is their way of dropping SUBTLE hints.
We used to do that, even going as far as to take buckets of chicken poop over for composting, but now we're the only ones here. But yes for a while it was a convenient way to provide eggs for the whole family.

Back
Top Bottom