How many wine makers do we have here?

Quote:
Do you mean "scuppernong vines"?
I did a google image search for "scupplin vines" and could not find anything.

Scuppernongs are actually Muscadines. They are just the lighter colored type of Muscadines

There are tons of Forums just like this that help you learn to make wine. I belong to most of them.

Yes you are right Scuppernongs, In the south we just call 'em scupplins. I am going to ck making some wine sometime before summer is over, may look into some things today. I really want to do it. It would be nice to clear out some freezer space and put those bad boys in a bottle!

Bottled last week

30078_mead.jpg

Orange spice mead (autumn sipper)
Lemon spice mead (has a lemon/granny smith apple vibe)
Summer Lemonaide mead (lemons, mint and honey, good for hammocks and iced)

Mead is a wine made from honey.

Next month neighbor's apricots will be in and i'll be making fruit wine from that.
wink.png

Yes that is a huge chandelar in the back, came with the house.

Last edited:
well add me to the list, this is something i been wanting to do for years and this year i have finally bought everything needed to make fresh fruit wine.

Here's my list of the wines i will pursue this year going into next, all fruits from the property will be used

1st...wild persimmons wine
2nd...maple sap wine (12-1 boil)
3rd...elderberry wine(small Berry type)
4th...red raspberry wine
5th...wild huckleberry wine
6th...danlion wine
7th...red grape wine

maybe apple jack to

Last edited:
I haven't made any wines this year, but I made a batch of dandelion wine last year...Talk about back breaking work, but the wine was worth every bit of it. I need to learn how to get my great nieces and nephews to pick them for me..

thesewinglady59, ya i bet all that bending over to get the goods. sure if you can get them to help that would be the way to go esp with there good strong young backs..

i know my teenage daughter helps us collect sap during those 2 months of the year, but i do pay her to help, but o well at least she's out there with us..

she does fill the waters for most of the younger chicken coops here to, for her full service and unlimited texting cell phone, but hey at least they know that working for what you want is a good thing and not just handed to them.

But ya i bet that wine was good and like you said worth all the extra effort. i cant wait to get to it here.

I made my first wine last year. Haven't tried it yet. I made blueberry, strawberry and pineapple. I only made 1 gallon of each.

I just started: 5 gallons of medium body apple wine
1.5 gallons of apple spice wine (smells yummy, like apple pie)
1 gallon full body apple wine
1 gallon of green tomato wine

I have tons of apple trees on my property so next year I plan on making alot more apple wine.
I plan on making pumpkin wine soon. I am going to use my cinderella pumpkins for this. Cinderella Pumpkin Wine !!! LOL I want to make it with pumpkin spices !! YUMMY !!!

Next year I'd like to make raspberry wine, choke cherry wine, wild plum wine and I'd love to try the dandelion wine but that sounds like alot of work !!!

Oh and I might try making some beet wine this year yet if the beets are still good.

I just placed an ad in the local paper for wine carboys and other wine making equipment and got a call today. He has several carboys and all kinds of other wine and beer making supplies. If he doesn't charge to much I will be all set up and ready to go !! I've always wanted to make wine and now that I have 80 acres to grow and pick wild berries I can't wait to really get going on this.

I may just turn into a wino !!!! I really don't know why I want to do this, I very seldom drink !!! LOL

Like my husband. He likes to make wine, but gives most of it away. But I can't talk him into making just 5 gallons at a time. He seem to think if you can't make a barrel full, you don't have enough.

Quote:
My husband is the same. We have a 6 gallon carboy...makes about 30 bottles. I want to get a bunch of small ones to make small "home reserve" batches.....rose hips will soon be nice and ripe.

Back
Top Bottom