How many wine makers do we have here?

So, the orange mead has finally finished fermentation, and so has the persimmon. We are going to rack them both this weekend. I must say, the mead is already showing that it's going to be fabulous. I don't know about the persimmon, I have nothing to compare it with, sine it's out first batch. It's very nice, dry and smooth. We'll just have to wait and see on that one.

Then, we are going to bottle the peach, nectarine and parsnip wines. Long weekend ahead!

So, the orange mead has finally finished fermentation, and so has the persimmon. We are going to rack them both this weekend. I must say, the mead is already showing that it's going to be fabulous. I don't know about the persimmon, I have nothing to compare it with, sine it's out first batch. It's very nice, dry and smooth. We'll just have to wait and see on that one.

Then, we are going to bottle the peach, nectarine and parsnip wines. Long weekend ahead!

We tried persimmon wine and I must say it's my favorite. It was delicious! :drool

We tried persimmon wine and I must say it's my favorite. It was delicious!
droolin.gif

You'll have to send me a bottle for quality control
wink.png

I tried an experiment this year - one batch of wine wasn't clearing very well, so I did a Sparkoloid treatment on it. Another wine (Low fill) I left alone, and decided to run through the Buon vino filter. So, in the end, they both came out brilliant, but I lost far less with the filtered wine than with the fined wine. So, from now on, I'm going to leave them alone and see if they settle out themselves; if they don't then it's a #2 filter.

So, last night we drank some Nectarine wine with Chicken/asparagus fettuccine Alfredo. It was quite a nice combination.

Tonight we bottle the parsnip and peach, which we didn't get to do on the weekend. Then I need to rack the mead and the persimmon, and finally, probably tomorrow, start the pineapple.

I'd forgotten that everything was stored in the cellar, and needed a good cleaning and sterilizing - that took a couple of hours.

Hope everyone else's wine is turning out well.

Actually wine makes a very nice slushy drink.

This was made with Arbor Mist which has a lower alcohol content. You can also use regular wine and add a little fruit juice to it to help it slush properly. We found that the sweet red wines make better slushies than the white wines as the flavor fades out on the whites. They are very cool and refreshing in the summer.

I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with ice cream maker attachment to make them ~ only takes about 10 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom