How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
Quote:
You can't tell if an egg is fertile without either cracking it open to see the blastodisc or you incubate for several days, then candle. You can't tell fertility at the beginning of incubation or prior to incubation while in the shell, sorry.

Wow, what an incredible thread, took me two hours to read all the way through.
bow.gif
to you, Speckled Hen! You are so patient with all the questions, some of them asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over . . . . . Can't thank you all enough for the education I got tonight! Oh, by the way, if I crack an egg open to see if it is fertile and it has the bloody spots confirming fertility and I actually can see the white stringy rooster sperm on both sides of the yolk but I don't have any gorrilla tape to put the egg back together before I incubate it, can I use super glue? Sorry, not making fun of anyone, just couldn't help myself.
gig.gif

3th time you have answered that question! Really good info. but it sure is funny what people think sometime, I know it's how & where your raised, I am enjoying reading this!! Thanks for all the info you share!!
smile.png

Quote:

I skipped from pg. 21 to the last pg. and there it is agin!! LOL Speckledhen you are a great teacher!! Patiences:thumbsup

Quote:
You can't tell if an egg is fertile without either cracking it open to see the blastodisc or you incubate for several days, then candle. You can't tell fertility at the beginning of incubation or prior to incubation while in the shell, sorry.

Quote:
Ha ha! Thats how I found out that I could hatch a few dozen eggs my brother bought from his co worker for his breakfast! They were sapposed to be infertile and non viable in any way. I opened one up as I was makeing everyones breakfast and saw that bullseye. I ended up takeing them and replaceing them with my chickens eggs, and hatched the most beautiful babies! Pure white cochins, OEGs, and brahmas!

Back
Top Bottom