Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Is anyone hatching this year or ordering pullets? I would like to add some more variety to my flock. is there any such thing as a cooperative when ordering from mcmurray? looking at wellsummer, wyandottes, marans, orpingtons or barred rocks? anyone?

Last edited:
I am doing some hatching this year, and some ordering, but I don't order from large hatcheries usually. I am considering some chicks from lancasterfancyfowl. I would be willing to do a joint order from them. I don't remember if they sex the chicks or are just straight run, but I don't mind extra roos if you can keep them. I will be hatching my own chicks from my blue black and splash bresse chickens. They are a good layer and the colors are nice. I also have a 4 month old cream legbar pullet (or pair) I need to sell as well as a few 6 week old Sulmtalers ( pullets or pairs). I heard nice thing about lancasterfancyfowl. Let me know if you are interested in working out an order.

Good morning from Coxsackie NY. I sold my last farm in Italy and just moved here July 2015. Need my chicken fix! I have been looking at hatcheries and cringing at the prices….OUCH! Interested in Americaunas, Barred Rocks, White Leghorn and Copper Marans if anyone has some for sale. Can handle up to 50 birds of each. I have no friends here, someone come up and visit!

Can anybody help me identify my chicks. I just bought these chicks at tractor supply and they have no idea what kind they are. The only reason I bought them is because they are pullet.

Good morning from Coxsackie NY. I sold my last farm in Italy and just moved here July 2015. Need my chicken fix! I have been looking at hatcheries and cringing at the prices….OUCH! Interested in Americaunas, Barred Rocks, White Leghorn and Copper Marans if anyone has some for sale. Can handle up to 50 birds of each. I have no friends here, someone come up and visit!
Welcome to BYC!!! 200 chicks? That is a lot of birds!!! You might check out Myers Hatchery of PA (not to be confused with Meyer of OH). They sexed pullet barred rocks and leghorns for 2.50 each when you order in those numbers and Marans at 3.50 each at that number (maybe less). I can't imagine that you will get chicks for less much of anywhere... They don't have true ameraucanas though, just easter eggers. They are close so the birds don't have to ship so far and the shipping is pretty reasonable. I ordered from them before and they have great customer service, really nice people.

http://www.myerspoultry.com/Catalog/index.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom