Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

frow.gif
Hello? Anybody home?
Just wanted to say hi! I hope everyone is doing well and getting lots of eggs!

Lisa

Hey all who live near Mahopac NY, we are looking to move there by fall and I wanted to know who keeps which breeds and might have fertile eggs we can hatch(I have children and they enjoy it as much as I do). Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm looking for pullets. Any swap meets coming up or any egg breeds for sale?

I don't know of any swap meets for this year but I have 4 gold partridge brahmas that are 5 and a half months old. They are not laying yet but not to much longer before they do. I would not call them an egg breed though.

I also have 5 Bielefelder chicks. They are 3+ weeks old. 3 girls 2 boys. They are good layers of extra large eggs, but take time to mature and eat a lot as they mature.

In case anyone is interested I also have some guinea keets to fight they tick problem we are having in this area.

I also have some blue and gold partridge brahmas roos.

Thanks but I'm looking for smaller breads. Most of my hens are the size of a Buckeye or Dominique. We rescued 3 Rhode Island Red hens that are too big for me. One turned out to bee a rooster thou it does not look like one. They are available if any one is interested. I need to get some more hens before it gets too cold.

I hatched 4 roosters in June and one just started to crow...so they gotta go (no rooster zoning). I have places for them twice....and twice it fell through. They are all unique, so if anyone can take one I would be very appreciative. I am so frustrated that both homes fell through and now I hate to think what the next phase might be. If anyone knows of any friends or farms looking for some gorgeous boys...please message me or let me know. One is a Dominque....one naked neck (the crower) ...one Blue Favacuana...one barred cochin. All are friendly and calm. I wish I could keep them, but cannot. They are 12 weeks.

Yay! Congratulations!!!  SO happy not all was lost in the Big Incubator Fry :)
LOL I have a chair in the run too!  I get home from work, pour a glass of wine and out to the run I go to before DH & DS get home. Of course I should utilize that time to do some laundry and start dinner but I don't. One day last week we were having so much fun watching the chickens we lost track of the time and wound up calling for Chinese food lol.  Whoops!
im in town of newburgh ny .need to find a home for my duck.love so much ,but needs a better home .so frienly ,thinks shes cat .need home before winter. Contact if interested [email protected]

Hi everybody, I just hatched 2 duckling 4 days ago. I got up this morning and one is died, I'm not sure what happen to him. Before I went to bed last night I was hold them both, they were fine. Now the one that is left is Stressing out peeping all the time. Does anybody have duckling about the same that could sell one to me? Thank you for listening!

Back
Top Bottom