Huge area exposed ***UPDATE 1/20/14***PICTURES

It's hard to tell from the photos, but how big is that open area in inches, cm, or coin size?
Can you see it getting smaller? It's hard for me to tell from the photos.

It's amazing how many differing opinions there are to questions about chicken care. :) You have to do what seems best to you. I applied neosporin the whole time my hen had an open wound, and it worked well, but other people have done other things. I think overall they are resilient creatures and might get better regardless. Who knows.
I'm glad she continues to do well.

Wound is clean,no sign of infection,healing has started. Great job on keeping wound clean.

The reason many say to not use Blu-Kote is the main ingredient is Isopropyl Alcohol,which is a flammable chemical compound. I personally would never use this product.

Thanks ten chicks, I keep her in my bathroom and so her cage stays super clean... she's very calm...so she doesn't make it worse. : )

Redhen689, thank you! When I get off work in 6 hours, I'll take pictures at a further distance for scale :) the length of the open area is about 1 1/2 inches and the width is 1/4 of an inch.

Here are the updated pictures!!!! Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!!! I am sorry for the delay, I had to wait for my hubby, to help hold her
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom