Marysville Ohio
Bird one, wyandotte pullet
25749_party_041.jpg

25749_party_040.jpg

25749_party_039.jpg

bird two, wyandotte young pullet
25749_party_033.jpg

25749_party_034.jpg

No names yet, hard to get pics, it was windy, I know NOTHING about this breed so anything is helpful
I would love to know about temperments, eggs, laying and coloring, are they blue laced red wyandottes????

I liked the color and want some bigger eggs (than my 5 banties) Hope a made a good choise!

....Oh and Hubby thinks they are cute too, gave em lots of treats and handled them daily, hope they like the good life!

Last edited:
Blue Laced red? I was thinking they both are but dont REALLY know what color you call either one, I like the orange on white look of the feathers, could they be a different color type?

You will love your Wyandottes. Ours are very mellow and laid back, will sit on your lap for treats (and poop on your leg)!

Looks like you may have a cockerel there in first picture. They are Blue Laced Reds! Have fun, they are great birds and just get prettier week by week.

MY BLR wyandottes are very calm friendly birds. They are both either very light blue or splashes......hard to tell with the lighting. The second one has the redder mahogony coloring that is what you want to aim for, not the orangey red color of the first. They are pretty good layers, but have tendency to go broody quite frequently. Their eggs are mostly a medium size, especially their first year of laying. After that they get a bit bigger. Their body type should be round and heart shaped when you view them from the side. It does look like the first one may be a roo.

Back
Top Bottom