I’m at my wits end right now….

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
it’s been a crap year if you all have seen my prior posts…

Currently I’m treating forFor roundworm. I am using safeguard. These birds are about 16 weeks old. I have about 23 in a run. Their poop is now green. It was green before I use the safeguard and I found roundworms so, after the first dose, the green poop has not gone away. I am a little worried they don’t show signs of sickness however, one Bantam who is real thin I have an a cage to encourage eating. He’s getting eggs right now. I have rooster booster in the water oregano in their water. I have moist crumbles out dry crumbles out and two automatic feeders. Sometimes I bring them fresh grass clippings but not often I don’t think they get enough greens to have constantly green droppings. Can you help me figure this out? What should I do? I know I ask for help a lot this year has been rough for some reason.

However some of their crops are empty

Attachments

• 4C8C74A6-0224-4CF6-AD4A-A14512089448.jpeg
    4C8C74A6-0224-4CF6-AD4A-A14512089448.jpeg
    801 KB · Views: 62
  • A51DADBF-E6F4-4566-A9E2-056505A08523.jpeg
    A51DADBF-E6F4-4566-A9E2-056505A08523.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 19
  • FDCF5EB1-0509-4EDA-93BE-E48309AB40D8.jpeg
    FDCF5EB1-0509-4EDA-93BE-E48309AB40D8.jpeg
    565.7 KB · Views: 20
Btw that corn is not undigested….it was just on the ground
In
it’s been a crap year if you all have seen my prior posts…

Currently I’m treating forFor roundworm. I am using safeguard. These birds are about 16 weeks old. I have about 23 in a run. Their poop is now green. It was green before I use the safeguard and I found roundworms so, after the first dose, the green poop has not gone away. I am a little worried they don’t show signs of sickness however, one Bantam who is real thin I have an a cage to encourage eating. He’s getting eggs right now. I have rooster booster in the water oregano in their water. I have moist crumbles out dry crumbles out and two automatic feeders. Sometimes I bring them fresh grass clippings but not often I don’t think they get enough greens to have constantly green droppings. Can you help me figure this out? What should I do? I know I ask for help a lot this year has been rough for some reason.

However some of their crops are empty
@Eggcessive you are such a great resource i appreciate you!

I don't think it's something to be alarmed about, diet can often affect the color. If they are all acting fine, it's likely not a worry. I would really limit that corn however. It can lead to fat birds and deficiencies, all kinds of health problems in the long run. It's like candy to them, they will fill up on that and not eat their regular feed. It can cause problems. It really should only be given occasionally and in limited amounts.

I don't think it's something to be alarmed about, diet can often affect the color. If they are all acting fine, it's likely not a worry. I would really limit that corn however. It can lead to fat birds and deficiencies, all kinds of health problems in the long run. It's like candy to them, they will fill up on that and not eat their regular feed. It can cause problems. It really should only be given occasionally and in limited amounts.
Yes it’s occasional, they actually don’t eat it…

Is the green in relation to the round worms though? Why are their crops empty??

Is the yellow colored urates seen in the first two pictures something seen often? That can be a sign of liver problems along with ascites (water belly.)

Is the yellow colored urates seen in the first two pictures something seen often? That can be a sign of liver problems along with ascites (water belly.)
Not often just now and then. When I examine them they don’t feel like they have water belly (I’m assuming it’s squishy). I have two roosters very thin others are spot on with there weight. I just went out and made a ton of food available for a little just in case they are starving. I was wondering if it could be tied to the round worms? I found a few decent size worms…day ten comes up Friday…

But then again they went through the ringers with coccidiosis treatment so I wonder if that had any play…. I did a few rounds of corid with them….they didn’t get medicox but my bantam ameraucanas did, they are doing fine.

I also had to do a few rounds of permethrin for grain mites…

Last edited:
Maybe the oregano is giving their poop a green tinge too. My understanding is that green poop can also result from a lack of food and you say their crops are empty and some of them are thin. Is there enough space for everyone in the run and is everyone getting proper access to the feeders? Maybe you could spend some time watching them to get a sense of the dynamics and whether there is any resource guarding going on.

Back
Top Bottom