I’m at my wits end right now….

Maybe the oregano is giving their poop a green tinge too. My understanding is that green poop can also result from a lack of food and you say their crops are empty and some of them are thin. Is there enough space for everyone in the run and is everyone getting proper access to the feeders? Maybe you could spend some time watching them to get a sense of the dynamics and whether there is any resource guarding going on.
I use food grade oil in there water 1 drop per gallon…but I’ll cut back and see how it works!!

Not often just now and then. When I examine them they don’t feel like they have water belly (I’m assuming it’s squishy). I have two roosters very thin others are spot on with there weight. I just went out and made a ton of food available for a little just in case they are starving. I was wondering if it could be tied to the round worms? I found a few decent size worms…day ten comes up Friday…

But then again they went through the ringers with coccidiosis treatment so I wonder if that had any play…. I did a few rounds of corid with them….they didn’t get medicox but my bantam ameraucanas did, they are doing fine.

I also had to do a few rounds of permethrin for grain mites…
Your last sentence: How did you treat the grain mites with Permethrin? Were the grain mites in the feed sack and did you add Permethrin in the feed sack?

Your last sentence: How did you treat the grain mites with Permethrin? Were the grain mites in the feed sack and did you add Permethrin in the feed sack?
The grain mites were all over my coop….I sprayed my coop and threw awAy all my grain and washed the bins. I didn’t spray the grain, added a little de in the new grain tho…which is how I think I found my round worm problem lol

The mites seem to be gone!!

These are all brand new birds in a very expensive dream coop. It’s been a year!

These are all brand new birds in a very expensive dream coop. It’s been a year!
It can be quite the learning curve when we start out with chickens, seems a bit like running a marathon sometimes; once you get through the wall it gets easier, and all the accumulated experience starts to pay off.

I
It can be quite the learning curve when we start out with chickens, seems a bit like running a marathon sometimes; once you get through the wall it gets easier, and all the accumulated experience starts to pay off.
This is my seventh year and it’s been my worst year lol. But I have learned more this year than I have in seven years! It’s my know what to look for and it’s my poopObsession that has helped me lol

Now my new chicks have coccidiosis. I knew they would since it ran wild for a few months this summer…yes I did clean my coop properly….I think at this point I’m numb. I just want all my babies to live! Poor things…..but at this point I’m a professional and I know how to fight the fight!!

Yes they were on medicated feed…. So now it’s treatment corid and hopefully I won’t need a sulfa.

(Ayam/white leghorn mix)

Attachments

• 05E353D8-67FA-4CB1-A602-757B955A0A28.jpeg
    05E353D8-67FA-4CB1-A602-757B955A0A28.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 7
That’s such a cute chick!

You know what to do and I’m sure your chicks will be fine. We always have potential worm/coccidia spike after wet weather events over here. I’m in Melbourne and we’ve had 3x consecutive La Niña years… it’s been challenging! Luckily you are both experienced and prepared. Make sure you spend some quality time with your flock so it doesn’t seem all bad.

Back
Top Bottom