I’m at my wits end right now….

Is she or any of your other birds acting sick at all?

Exactly what are you feeding - I think I read a farmer mix with vitamins? Do you have the analysis for the feed?
What treats/scratch, anything else are you feeding?

You had grain mites, I remember that thread. Did you shovel up all that spilled corn and scratch, get rid of it and clean out your run of old feed?

I'd try going back the very basics. Go buy a pelleted or crumble commercial all flock feed or chick starter that is 18-20% protein. Make oyster shell and grit (crushed granite) available free choice.
Provide clean, fresh plain water. Stop any supplements.

Drastically limit any treats/scratch/seeds/corn and only give a small amount that they will eat/clean up within a few minutes.

Rake up your run and get it fairly tidy. Add new litter/whatever you normally put in the run. Get rid of the feed bags in the run as well.
Is she or any of your other birds acting sick at all?

Exactly what are you feeding - I think I read a farmer mix with vitamins? Do you have the analysis for the feed?
What treats/scratch, anything else are you feeding?

You had grain mites, I remember that thread. Did you shovel up all that spilled corn and scratch, get rid of it and clean out your run of old feed?

I'd try going back the very basics. Go buy a pelleted or crumble commercial all flock feed or chick starter that is 18-20% protein. Make oyster shell and grit (crushed granite) available free choice.
Provide clean, fresh plain water. Stop any supplements.

Drastically limit any treats/scratch/seeds/corn and only give a small amount that they will eat/clean up within a few minutes.

Rake up your run and get it fairly tidy. Add new litter/whatever you normally put in the run. Get rid of the feed bags in the run as well.
She is the only one acting that way, here and there there is a green tint dropping but not as extreme as her. All the droppings looked heathy, which was a huge relief because it’s been so stressful this summer.

I feed the farmers mix and I also feed neutrena naturewise. I have been using that feed since having chickens.

I have a bowl of oyster shells and grit as well.

Mites look like they are controled. I see some here and there but I kee up with the spraying.

I did shovel everything up, these birds are so messy! I’m going to lay some fresh straw down tonight when I get home and trash the bags. All the water is hung up and nipple/cup access (learned to prevent cocci that way)

I did buy the all feed that should be delivered today while I’m at work (I love same day delivery!)

I don’t know what chicken god I made mad, but like I said many times before, this has been a hard year!!

I’m pretty sure she has liver failure, I know there is grain all over. She’s in a cage and keeps knocking over her food.

Anyways the yellowish urate is what’s signaling me to liver failure. She’s eating (not enough to fill her crop tho) No diahreah, just solid green, yellow droppings.

Got all flock (i got pellets but turned it to a mash)
Got more grit
Layed new hay in my run..

I don’t see her getting any better

Attachments

• 1634D103-95B3-424D-92FB-59E945739E39.jpeg
    1634D103-95B3-424D-92FB-59E945739E39.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 20
  • ECBAC034-96D4-4D8E-BA34-B1995DAC0B6D.jpeg
    ECBAC034-96D4-4D8E-BA34-B1995DAC0B6D.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 20
How is she presenting? If she’s eating and drinking that’s a good sign. Is her crop empty in the morning? Is she lethargic and fluffed, or is she alert? Does she have any noticeable swelling around her abdomen/vent? I see what you mean about the poop colour.

She is the only one acting that way, here and there there is a green tint dropping but not as extreme as her. All the droppings looked heathy,
What is in the farmers mix?

I'd stop all what you're feeding and feed her exclusively the all flock feed for at least a week, see if the poop improves.

I do see the green color and some yellowish urates but I also see quite a bit of corn and undigested bits of material in the poop as well.
Give her pelleted or crumble commercial feed, provide grit (crushed granite) and oyster shell free choice. If you wish to give her a treat - scrambled egg would be good to give.

Her droppings look undigested and as if encased by mucous membrane.

Milk thistle helps with liver issues. She may have eaten poisonous herbs like buttercup or similar mixed in with the grass clippings.

Don't forget to provide granite grit or sand while she is in sick bay, without it she will expell undigested food as seen above.

What is in the farmers mix?

I'd stop all what you're feeding and feed her exclusively the all flock feed for at least a week, see if the poop improves.

I do see the green color and some yellowish urates but I also see quite a bit of corn and undigested bits of material in the poop as well.
Give her pelleted or crumble commercial feed, provide grit (crushed granite) and oyster shell free choice. If you wish to give her a treat - scrambled egg would be good to give.
Ok back to basics…here are my girls the Americana is the one who has the droppings I showed you. The Easter egger has been having Some green droppings so I have her in there for observation. She’s an older bird four years old I got all flockNothings in there water I have a Grit available for them. My ameraucana does have a limp. I was worried about Merrick’s but I don’t think that’s what I’m dealing with here. I also maybe speculated E. coli or salmonella. Not sure I do have antibiotics coming tomorrow. Not sure if you think that’s a good idea or just do this for a while? I have sulfamexidine coming (to keep on hand)

IJust want it fixed lol I waited so long for this blue ameraucana and I don’t want her to pass away

Attachments

• E34ADAB9-DFD9-461C-84E2-22928FDB785B.jpeg
    E34ADAB9-DFD9-461C-84E2-22928FDB785B.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 12
  • F3A02C79-17FD-4220-97C8-6B91EB1F11B8.jpeg
    F3A02C79-17FD-4220-97C8-6B91EB1F11B8.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 12

Milk thistle helps with liver issues. She may have eaten poisonous herbs like buttercup or similar mixed in with the grass clippings.

Don't forget to provide granite grit or sand while she is in sick bay, without it she will expell undigested food as seen above.

How do I use the milk thistle, sorry my replies are wonky the byc ap goes wacky when I try to type lol

How do I use the milk thistle, sorry my replies are wonky the byc ap goes wacky when I try to type lol
You can get the dry herbs or concentrate capsules from a pharmacy which is where I bought it.
I used the dry herbs ( it is actually the seed capsule) for tea and added the contents of the concentrate capsules to their moisted feed for several days.

You can get the dry herbs or concentrate capsules from a pharmacy which is where I bought it.
I used the dry herbs ( it is actually the seed capsule) for tea and added the contents of the concentrate capsules to their moisted feed for several days.
Thank you, all of you! I’m keeping my fingers crossed here!!

Back
Top Bottom