i am sorry but i cant take it any more hen or roo

I'm not familiar with them but Google is telling me that a Warren is a hybrid layer that might or might not be half Leghorn. I don't know Leghorns all that well either other than that they get huge combs quite young. So, IDK but I think it's a tad premature to call it 100% cockerel when we don't even know what mix it is.

Quote:
I agree...

Google is telling me that Warrens and Red Sexlinks are essentially the same, called the former in the UK and the latter here in the US. If that's the case, then this one in question is a cockerel based (if not on the comb's and wattles' color and size at this age) on the color of its feathers.

Quote:
I think rooster at first glance too, are you in the city? If not here are some, uh convince your parents to keep a roo tips:
1) Be polite, think of the outcome
2) Smile often, say please and have a list like so prepared to list out full of reasons to keep 1 rooster (he is cute, lovable, will take care of hens and protect them from bad things like cats and ratcoons, he will also make baby chicks that you can sell, ect.)
3) Don't take no for an answer

Hope I helped and I hope your rooster will be okay:fl

I don't know how to tell the gender, but if she/he's a roo then
hugs.gif
I remember my favorite chicken, Teri, ended up being a roo... But a very pretty one! Golden feathers, blue tail... Even though he wasn't the nicest chicken in our flock, I raised him and spoiled him the most from the start so I was attached to him. I gave him away to a person who had a farm along with my other roo who was actually crippled because he had been attacked by a mongoose and then recovered. Unfortunately he didn't recover fully so he always stumbled and tripped and fell and could never fly quite right. When he walked down the stairs he would go down sideways and trip...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom