I am WOMAN..... as I beat my chest show you pictures of my coop!!

Yes you have done a GREAT job, BUT!!!!! I WAS GIVEN MY BROTHERS KIDS because he was a single father! SO single mothers raise their childeren?! What is up with that???? WELL you have done a great job and something that alot of men would not have done...... Well you are great as a person!!!! NOT as a woman. You are raising you childeren and teaching them as everyone thinks you should.....NOT a mans job. I do think you are better than most because you are teaching your kids you can do ANYTHING!!!!!! It is a lesson all kids should get. Boys and girls! I made a differance in the two middle kids life I suppose. The oldest and the youngest really has really bad spousel choise. They keep getting abusive spouses!
I was the mother at the two middle kids weddings and was at the births of thier childeren.
You are great because you are teaching your kids that you as a person can do anything! NOT because you are a woman!!!!!!!! Boys need to know you as a PERSON can do ANYTHING!!!!!!

thumbsup.gif

I know just how you are feeling!! I was so proud of being able to design and build my chicken coop myself. It is a great feeling of accomplishment when it is finally all finished and the chicks are happily pooping on all your hard work!! Why can't they just pick a corner and use that as a potty?

thumbsup.gif
Aniously waiting to see the finished coop all set up!!

Love your little coop. Hope mine will be as good! I am not very handy with tools myself, but thankfully my dad will help. Plus my son. He's 13 now and a strong young man, so he will definitely be put to work!!
lol.png
Will be good for him!

Haha- thanks peeps
jumpy.gif
I'm just having way to much fun designing this coop! Lac1975~ That's nice they can help you! I'm sure you can get it done much faster with some help
big_smile.png
(kiss me on the chick) I am a woman! LOL I added a window out of plexi glass this weekend~ and I cut out all the walls so they are ready to attach but I have to go and buy a jigsaw so I can cut out the door, screen window, and vents . Picked up some primer and also some paint so I can start paiting that~ I can't wait to get it all finished! 3 more days and then no more car line so I will have some late nights to work on this bad boy!! I will upload some pictures as soon as I get the garage cleaned up and it looks pretty~
wee.gif

Quote:
Ahhh wow you've done alot for those children, I hope your brother appreciates all you've done! And it is important for kids to know you really can do anything if you put your mind to it. I hope that instills alot of confidence in them as the grow up. Thanks so much for the compliments
big_smile.png
Now as far as those two kids that keep ending up with abusive spouses~ I wish they could learn to just be with themselves for a while. The more you love (yourself and who you are) the less likely you are willing to tolerate abuse from another person... these things I do know~ had to learn this and overcome many obstacles~ but I'm living testimony that it's possible. I know I'm a person~ but I just love to say I am WOMAN! LOL
gig.gif

Update~ OK I took a break but started working on it again, I removed the roof so I could start working on enclosing the walls. This week I have 3 of the walls all measured and cut out and two are permantely attached but the 5ft sides cannot be attached permanately yet because I will have to be able to carry each wall to the backyard. I just tacked them on for the purpose of getting everything lined up and measured correctly. I also altered my original plans (well original thought, there wasn't any plans haha! ) to install a mesh screen window on one of the 5ft sides . I decided to make a mesh screen door! That way I have easy access in from both 5ft sides. I didn't want to have to climb all the way into the coop if I had to reach a corner or something. So I cut out the frame of the door and then cut out an opening for the metal screen and screwed it into the plywood from the inside~ attached hinges and now we have a door! I also need to install a lock for it as well. I will just pick up one from Lowes. I also took a piece of plexi glass I purchased from the store and made a window (which will be facing south) on the coop! It actually came out really cute. I took leftover cuts from when I made the A frame roof cuts and used those in each corner (front and back) to hold the plexiglass into place. I will use caulking around the plexiglass to prevent any moisture from getting in. This will help in the winter to warm the coop~ and in the summer if I think it allows to much heat in I can hang a little curtain from the outside!
lau.gif
I taped up the window while I've been priming the wood and getting ready to paint it. So what you see is painters tape and papertowels haha. I made the cuts for the wall around the eggboxes and they fit awesome! I just have to do the little part beneath the egg boxes which I will probably do tonight. And also the main access door on the other 5ft side. I was going to make one door that swings open but because of the size of the door it will be. I'm thinking about making two doors that swing out. I'm thinking that might be better and less weight on the hinges. I will play around with a sketch and see if I might prefer that instead.

You can see I already primed the frame and will need to finish priming the walls once they are all up.
88786_henhouse_002.jpg

I love the fact the sun is shining on this... haha
88786_henhouse_001.jpg

This is the screen door from the inside view (I still need a latch for the one side)
celebrate.gif

88786_henhouse_003.jpg

This is a inside view of the nestboxes (notice below, I still have to cut out that piece and attach it)
88786_henhouse_004.jpg

This is the plexiglass window~ can you see the wood cuts in the corner I love that! I taped it all up so I wouldn't get any scratches or paint on the plexi while I'm still working on it! Ohhh and also I am going to make a little roof line above the window and shingle it to deter the rain from splashing down into the window frame.
88786_henhouse_005.jpg

Full View of the Screen Door~ this will make for some good ventilation in their house!! I will also have some smaller vents below the roof line...
88786_henhouse_006.jpg

88786_henhouse_007.jpg

This picture makes the lid look slightly longer on the left side! oops
th.gif
but nothing that the roof shingles won't hide!!!
lau.gif

88786_henhouse_008.jpg

This is the inside view of the nestboxes from the outside~ I cut out some smaller wood pieces and framed out the top of the nest boxes to cut down on any draft that might through the small openings. I definately don't want any access from the rain~ who wants to lay eggs in a puddle
gig.gif

88786_henhouse_009.jpg

Here's a view stepping back~
big_smile.png

88786_henhouse_010.jpg

I will use caulkin anywhere there is a crack!! I want to totally weather proof this baby~ so it will last a very very long time!! So this was my update~ I will be working on the other door tonight and I guess I will be painting as well. Funny thing is I'm trying to build this and watch 4 kids now!! LOL I opted for babysitting my nephew and neise for my family since they needed a hand and I could use the extra money. So this is fun!!
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom