I dug up the biggest Earthworm I've ever seen........

Cool coloered worm.
My mom lives in the next town and she has worms that are 6 inches and longer where her washer drains, i have brough some here and put them in my sewer ditch and they never survive i don't know why hers doi so good ,
PS we call them night crawlers here.

It's actually a Worm Lizard......
tongue.png
If I started digging up earthworms that big I think Id be worried I lived on top of some weird dumping site.
lol.png

It's actually a Worm Lizard......
tongue.png
If I started digging up earthworms that big I think Id be worried I lived on top of some weird dumping site.
lol.png

In that vein - do you know what a Corkscrew Willow looks like? I have often wondered what twisted mind chose to plant some in the landscape of a local nuclear power plant.
hmm.png

That little snake is a gardeners friend.... It would be a shame to kill one. He cannot hurt anyone, and you are in more danger from bees or driving in your own car. I would love to be lucky enough to see one of those, I have heard of them, but never seen one in real life. What a treat!

You are so right. I live in an area that is habitat to a few varieties of dangerous snakes (including copperheads, water moccasins and timber rattlers) but would NEVER kill one without it being necessary to keep me and my family safe. They take care of a lot of bugs and rodents that can be more difficult to keep in check than the snakes. We just have to be careful when in the greenhouse and garden and wear knee boots and gloves.

the worm snake...we have bunches of those little creatures here in Eastern North Carolina. I have found close to 15 here upon my property over the years. They are so very docile and a pleasure to hold, they do not display any type of threatening posture at all, for those that may have never seen one in realtime. Their little eyes are so moist, cute and brown....you can watch them looking about as you hold one. Always find them underneath things around the garden, etc; where the soil is dampened and cool, although I have found a few in the yard at night.

Back
Top Bottom