I have started building a "MONSTER" of a coop and run!2

Kudos to you, Gregg's Eggs!

Can't wait until we have our own place...still renting but atleast the landlady digs us having a mini-farm here!

Dawn

I thought you were going to put lap siding or something over it. OSB doesn't hold up too well outside, but exterior siding panels like T1-11 or hardboard panels would have more than doubled the cost of the panels.

How much do you have into the foundation and frame if you don't mind me asking?

mac in abilene wrote:How much do you have into the foundation and frame if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure without look at receipts, but about or around $700 or so.

I have an over all budget of $3000. That includes nail gun, running pvc, plumbing and electrical, breakers, wire, outlets, switches, lighting, lumber, chicken wire, tin roofing, 100+' hose, 3 auto fountains, 2 feeders, 3 chicken books, 150 pullets and 15 roos, door, and other various hardwear.

I might be going overby about $3-500.​

Gregg'sEggs :

I have an over all budget of $3000. That includes nail gun, running pvc, plumbing and electrical, breakers, wire, outlets, switches, lighting, lumber, chicken wire, tin roofing, 100+' hose, 3 auto fountains, 2 feeders, 3 chicken books, 150 pullets and 15 roos, door, and other various hardwear.

I might be going overby about $3-500.

uhhh, no beer in the budget?​

Quote:
uhhh, no beer in the budget?

Love it!!!
lau.gif

Maybe for your floor???

I bought those stick on tiles at menards you can get them in 24" or 12" size and they are cheap! They work well on the wood floor and makes for much easier clean up!! I only wish my hubby would have built me a bigger coop, I think I'm going to be due for a "new & improved" version next spring!! I can't wait to get some more chicks!!

Today, I have finished putting up the OSB/plywood on th walls. As I started I noticed the walls were not coming out straight and square. I had skipped straightening and bracing the walls. So I stopped and did that. The sheeting laid up much nicer, nice even straight seams and everything. I came up about 5" short covering the end of the wall. Which will work because I build the walls with 3 stud corners.
A little funny thing almost happened......I was about to put up the last two sheets and realized I had not cut out the door yet.

I also measured and cut my template for my rafters. Tomorrow I will put them up, cut out the windows and chicken doors, and drive the last few nails into the plywood/OSB.

Sorry no pictures tonight!It got dark as I finished for the day. Tomorrow I will have pictures of what i did today and what I do tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom