I have to talk POLISH!

Just posted some polish on the buy/sell/trade board. It's a pretty group of birds (tolbunt, crele, cuckoo, and gold laced). I'm looking for frizzle tolbunt, bantam gold laced, and SQ silkiesm if anyone is interested in a trade.

Welasharon, I think that group is the 3rd, I have not been doing the work. Maybe next year. I had another group from someone else, I adored them, and all but 2 have died. They were vaccinated for Marek's, and quarantined, and ended up dying from opportunistic bacterial infections. I'm starting to think that some lines of Polish, possibly Creles, have poorer immune systems to begin with.

The one with the silkies and the roo roosting are the ones left from the batch that died.
I have not bred any Tolbunts. I'm not sure I plan on it. I may breed him with a gold laced in the future and sell the eggs.

Welasharon, I think that group is the 3rd, I have not been doing the work.  Maybe next year.  I had another group from someone else, I adored them, and all but 2 have died.  They were vaccinated for Marek's, and quarantined, and ended up dying from opportunistic bacterial infections.  I'm starting to think that some lines of Polish, possibly Creles, have poorer immune systems to begin with. 

The one with the silkies and the roo roosting are the ones left from the batch that died.
I have not bred any Tolbunts.  I'm not sure I plan on it.  I may breed him with a gold laced in the future and sell the eggs. 
I have three GL hens, a grown tolbunt pair and then 8 juveniles I got from Greenfire this spring. I believe the tolbunt, as well, are not quite as hardy as the GL. They suffered much worse from fowl pox than the GL. If you wind up with any creles you don't want to breed in the future I would possibly be interested in some. I am about 5 hours from you so within driving distance.

I have three GL hens, a grown tolbunt pair and then 8 juveniles I got from Greenfire this spring. I believe the tolbunt, as well, are not quite as hardy as the GL. They suffered much worse from fowl pox than the GL. If you wind up with any creles you don't want to breed in the future I would possibly be interested in some. I am about 5 hours from you so within driving distance.
What part of FL are you in? I'm in Ocala. I have some crele hens I'm selling. Sweet birds, but I not something I want to work on right now.

Wow, that's 3 of us?

I got a Tolbunt roo because my flock was already exposed to Marek's and the seller's as well, so she sent him to me. It took her months to part with him. I sent her a happy picture to show her he's fit right in.

I can't sell any birds, they've all been exposed to Marek's. However, when my juvies start to lay, I have a non sibling Crele I can breed to and send eggs. We'll call them "test eggs", LOL

Wow, that's 3 of us?

I got a Tolbunt roo because my flock was already exposed to Marek's and the seller's as well, so she sent him to me.  It took her months to part with him.  I sent her a happy picture to show her he's fit right in.

I can't sell any birds, they've all been exposed to Marek's.  However, when my juvies start to lay, I have a non sibling Crele I can breed to and send eggs.  We'll call them "test eggs", LOL
I would love to. I have some silkies that love to sit. I understand the hard to part with part....I never think anyone is going to take care of my babies like I will. I think I remember your posts dealing with Mareks.Does that mean you never can sell birds again or just those that were exposed? I don't know much about Mareks.

I recently required 4 polish chicks all different colors(white crested,buff, silver & golden laced)..and I was wondering how old will they be before I can determine the sex?

Back
Top Bottom