I have to talk POLISH!

Wow, this is a busy thread! But I have talk polish- my polish cockerel Claude has 5 toes on one foot! I was told a silky May have crept in a while back during breeding! Has anyone else experienced this?

What color will this chick turn out to be? I was also thinking Pullet because of the nice round top puff????

What color will this chick turn out to be? I was also thinking Pullet because of the nice round top puff????

White crested black/blue Rounded top knot doesn't always mean female i had one that turned out to be a roo
here is what he looked like

Wow, this is a busy thread! But I have talk polish- my polish cockerel Claude has 5 toes on one foot! I was told a silky May have crept in a while back during breeding! Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you have pics of the bird? It may be that there's Houdan in there too, pics will tell. A smaller crest (granted your birds don't already have small crests) and darker skin are sign of Silkie in there. Also smaller size unless your Polish are bantams. If the 5 toed kiddo looks like a normal Polish with a fifth toe it miight be Houdan to blame. What color is it? Black? Black with bits of brown/red/white? Or a different color?

Also yeah that's a White Crested Blue, in response to Dianne88. A nice round crest on a bird that young means absolutely nothing about gender, all it means is that your chick will have a nice, big, good quality crest once it matures. It's a desirable trait if you want a *Polish,* but undesirable if you want a bird that can see perfectly well, even in the muckiest rainiest of weather.

Love everyone's chick pics!

Last edited:
I know this is a slim chance but, would anyone here have an BBS large fowl polish hatching eggs for sale. I would like to get a couple of more hens to go with the pair i have, but on ebay it just seems like the crele and tolbunts, and I've not had any luck looking for breeders online. Just message me with your price and some pictures of you stock so I can get an example of the quality you have. Looking for about 12-18 eggs. Thanks.

And here is a picture of the hen I have:

At that age what I do to sex mine is check very closely at the feathers on its back. Inspect the younger smaller deeper feathers. Are any of them shiny, pointed, or extra toothy? Or all of the listed? If so, boy. If none show such signs and they all look the same blue shade, same dull surface, and same round edging - Girl.

Back
Top Bottom