I have to talk POLISH!

Hello Everyone:) I have been trying to determine the gender of my two polish bantams "Primat and Beldar" for several weeks. I think I already know but wanted conformation on their gender. Thank you in advance for your ideas!

Ummmm the one with the red wattles should be a boy, unless it is getting awfully old......are they over 4 months? The other one if it is the same age, would be female due to the lack of redness......their crests are those gray area hard to identify ones, some are so obvious and some just keep you guessing!

Does the boyish one have pointier feathers at the end of his back, toward the tail? Saddle feathers should start looking pointy by this stage I would think....crest feathers would be slightl y pointier too, hard to tell from the picture.

Last edited:
The 4 Polish chicks I just hatched surprised me by being all white. The rooster is a buff laced and the pullets a WC chocolate cuckoo and a blue with some cuckoo markings
idunno.gif
These are just fertility test babies and should be some pretty pets for someone
big_smile.png
I am collecting eggs from my buff laced hen to hatch all buff laced babies this time
clap.gif

Ummmm the one with the red wattles should be a boy, unless it is getting awfully old......are they over 4 months? The other one if it is the same age, would be female due to the lack of redness......their crests are those gray area hard to identify ones, some are so obvious and some just keep you guessing!
Does the boyish one have pointier feathers at the end of his back, toward the tail? Saddle feathers should start looking pointy by this stage I would think....crest feathers would be slightl y pointier too, hard to tell from the picture.

Thank you for the information
smile.png
They are both about six weeks old. I think the feathers are slightly pointier on Beldar "chicken with red wattles". My guess is that he is a boy. The puffieness of his crest has me confused. Do you know when bantam polish begin to crow? I have been waiting anxiously for that first crow! lol

The 4 Polish chicks I just hatched surprised me by being all white. The rooster is a buff laced and the pullets a WC chocolate cuckoo and a blue with some cuckoo markings
idunno.gif
These are just fertility test babies and should be some pretty pets for someone
big_smile.png
I am collecting eggs from my buff laced hen to hatch all buff laced babies this time
clap.gif

They can still change color on you. All of my white ones did on me. You will see so color to them believe me! I can see a little buff color on 2 of them in this picture the one with the most is the last one on the right hand side. The other one is the first one on the left side around its neck and back of head a little. That is what I see from picture and also some dark shadowing in the coloring is that right?(maybe some splash coloring later on?) or are they a little dirty? They are so pretty looking great hatch by the way congrats!!!!! Great little babies love them thank you for sharing with all of us.

Thank you for the information:) They are both about six weeks old. I think the feathers are slightly pointier on Beldar "chicken with red wattles". My guess is that he is a boy. The puffieness of his crest has me confused. Do you know when bantam polish begin to crow? I have been waiting anxiously for that first crow! lol

You won't hear crowing for awhile.....I think usually about 12 weeks plus at the earliest.....If they are only 6 weeks old that is a boy for SURE! No doubt at all. Pretty pair for sure!

Those little white babies do look like they could be be buff laced or splash,....very cute! i am in love with the 3rd one from the left....wishing I lived closer to California!! I even think there might be a little blue going on in there on that first one on the left......wow they are stinkin adorable!! I f I was making the oh-so-not-dependable gender prediction I would say you have 3 girls and one boy......thanks for posting these, this is a really sweet pic of the four together :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom