I have to talk POLISH!

You won't hear crowing for awhile.....I think usually about 12 weeks plus at the earliest.....If they are only 6 weeks old that is a boy for SURE! No doubt at all. Pretty pair for sure!
Those little white babies do look like they could be be buff laced or splash,....very cute! i am in love with the 3rd one from the left....wishing I lived closer to California!! I even think there might be a little blue going on in there on that first one on the left......wow they are stinkin adorable!! I f I was making the oh-so-not-dependable gender prediction I would say you have 3 girls and one boy......thanks for posting these, this is a really sweet pic of the four together
love.gif
Thank-you
smile.png
I am glad you said you think there are 3 girls and one boy because I have been thinking the same thing! I thought I would see some hint of color on these guys, but boy are all the feathers bright, snow white. The one that I think is a rooster has a few black spots on his back but they are disappearing under white feathers. The one you like has that same sweet expression as her mama, my WC chocolate cuckoo who is super friendly! They are so pretty that I don't mind that they are all white, just surprised. I will update with pictures when they get all of their feathers
wink.png

Ahhhh do that! i would love to see how these turn out. It is fun to have a hatch with lots of identical babies, I hatched out 11 wheaten ameraucanas a couple weeks ago and they were all white/light yellow and it was just this giant mass of fluff and cuteness. :)

I have the W/BW/SW Ameraucanas also and your right, the chicks ARE adorable
big_smile.png
I am collecting eggs for another hatch of Polish and Ameraucanas right now to go with the bantam d'Anver eggs I just won on the BYC 24 hour auction
clap.gif

Ahhhh do that! i would love to see how these turn out. It is fun to have a hatch with lots of identical babies, I hatched out 11 wheaten ameraucanas a couple weeks ago and they were all white/light yellow and it was just this giant mass of fluff and cuteness.
smile.png

Are polish normally ditzy? My girl Jojo (below) and the rest of the flock who are 7 weeks old tomorrow (4buff orpingtons, a little D'anver roo and a buff brama) all free range around the yard. Poor Jojo always seems to get left behind because she isn't paying attention. I have trimmed her feathers from this picture so she can see better now so I know that isn't completely the problem. None of the rest pick on her but I suspect she is the bottom of the pecking order. I just hate that she is always left behind. Will a couple of more polish help?

Last edited:
Ha ha ok thats it I am following you because you have the same breeds I have and I have to buy eggs, I have no roos :) :p And you know how it goes then, the Am---all look the same light color then get crazy pretty after a few weeks....same will happen with those white polish I bet :)

Last edited:
You won't hear crowing for awhile.....I think usually about 12 weeks plus at the earliest.....If they are only 6 weeks old that is a boy for SURE! No doubt at all. Pretty pair for sure!
Those little white babies do look like they could be be buff laced or splash,....very cute! i am in love with the 3rd one from the left....wishing I lived closer to California!! I even think there might be a little blue going on in there on that first one on the left......wow they are stinkin adorable!! I f I was making the oh-so-not-dependable gender prediction I would say you have 3 girls and one boy......thanks for posting these, this is a really sweet pic of the four together
love.gif

Thank you so much! I was pretty sure my little Beldar was a boy
he.gif
. I did not realize it took them twelve weeks or longer to crow. This really helps. They both have a forever home with me regardless of their gender. I absolutely love them both
love.gif
. Thank again!

I am not sure that I would call my polish ditzy. My two latest run the yard with other birds that same age and they all seem equal. Both have different personalities. They run around together as a flock and the one little bantam hen that is a few years old holds her own with bantam NN, Ameraucana and Silkies that she grew up with.

Back
Top Bottom