The air cell dip is the wide part of the air cell? Should I try to move them again or do I just let them bee until I see external pip and I move them up if they need assistance by any chance I'm trying to not touch them I'm scared that at this point because I'm fiddling with them they won't be able to hatch or that the humidity drop drastically
Imagine the red line is the floor of your incubator.
The dip in the air cell is right where the green arrow is pointing towards the sky...If it were laying on the floor of the incubator on the side, the red line is.
Screenshot_20230617-082542.png

Imagine the red line is the floor of your incubator.
The dip in the air cell is right where the green arrow is pointing towards the sky...If it were laying on the floor of the incubator on the side, the red line is.
View attachment 3545298
Yes that's exactly how I put them the larger part of the air cell facing up the egg that was wiggling haven't stopped wiggling hard

Ok I did it as I was doing it really quick I candle them to see the air cell and I saw 2 that externally pip does left as they were because the air cell was facing up the ones that I messed with were position wrong I fixthem humidity dropped to 57 but I closed the air vent for exactly 2 seconds and it went up to 67 fast it was at 72 the humidity but 67 is not out of the parameters temperature 99.5 that did not dropped
This is great news
Keep us posted on how it goes
That shouldn’t hurt the hatch at all
When done quickly it’s fine
Shrink wrap only happens when a burst of cold air hits and humidity drops and stays down to long
I have never shrink wrapped a baby and I’m in and out pulling babies out when ready for brooder. In fact mom duck got off her eggs for a half hour with external pips
All her babies hatched without issues
She got 100%

Agreed 100 %
Very important not to move the egg at this stage
I moved it first time when I candle it will it affect the hatch? I mean they look fine and I fixed it like the video and you said to me the egg that was wiggling is still at it but not as constant as before

I moved it first time when I candle it will it affect the hatch? I mean they look fine and I fixed it like the video and you said to me the egg that was wiggling is still at it but not as constant as before
The egg looks fine for now and it may or may not hatch out ok on it's own.
The low temps could caused problems. the less you mess with it the better.
There isn't much you can do at this point but hope and wait.

BE SURE to get a calibrated thermometer and a salt tested humidity gauge before you set eggs again.

Last edited:
The egg looks fine for now and it may or may not hatch out ok on it's own.
The low temps could caused problems. the less you mess with it the better.
There isn't much you can do at this point but hope and wait.

BE SURE to get a calibrated thermometer and a salt tested humidity gauge before you set eggs again.
How do I now if I need to help them? I'm not going to mess with them anymore because I want the to hatch, the egg that was moving is still now

Back
Top Bottom