I need kids...

rebelcowboysnb

Confederate Money Farm
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Independent State of Dade NWGa
Yep now I know why people have kids... Culled a goat today an turned him in to Burger.... I need a teenager to make do this junk. I am getting to old for it... I also need bigger goats. 7 pounds of burger an 10 pounds of dog bones is not a lot for a days work.....

I need a nap now.
old.gif

Lol, when you said you needed kids and then started talking about culling a goat...let's just be kind and say I was momentarily confused!

We talked about culling a young male since we didn't need another one but just couldn't see doing it, partly because he was more of a pet than a farm animal and also because of the work involved for so little. We sold him instead, that made us happy, the guy that bought him happy and definitely the goat was happy.

On the other hand, 7 pounds of hamburger is nothing to sneeze at with today's prices ($4.69 per pound for the cheap stuff here).

Interesting potential play on words there with the use of "kids." If you can get teenagers to butcher a goat, you'd make a better parent than I did. :eek:)

Lol, when you said you needed kids and then started talking about culling a goat...let's just be kind and say I was momentarily confused!

We talked about culling a young male since we didn't need another one but just couldn't see doing it, partly because he was more of a pet than a farm animal and also because of the work involved for so little. We sold him instead, that made us happy, the guy that bought him happy and definitely the goat was happy.

On the other hand, 7 pounds of hamburger is nothing to sneeze at with today's prices ($4.69 per pound for the cheap stuff here).
It really cost that much now? wow.. I guess I did OK. This is some good looking burger, just hope it tastes as good as it looks.

I really didn't want to cull it but pasture space is limited an keeping a fixed male over the winter did not make sense.

Interesting potential play on words there with the use of "kids." If you can get teenagers to butcher a goat, you'd make a better parent than I did. :eek:)
Dont think he has done a goat but my cousins 3 teen girls get mad at him if he butchers something when they are not home to help.

Wait... Dang it, why didn't I ask them to do it.......
he.gif

Last edited:
If you were closer, I'd send my boy. He didn't get a deer this year and is itching to butcher something
wink.png
. I tell him there's a whole pen of cockerels out there....he says it's just not the same.

Back
Top Bottom