Thinking of getting Nigerian Dwarf goats. Thoughts and advice?

That's not a bad amount of milk really. I'm the only one in the house that drinks milk and if I have extra I could always make butter or something. I worked on a dairy farm years ago so hopefully I can remember how to!
Butter is easy. I used to roll a Consol jar on the living room floor as a kid to churn. Dad took care of the rest.

I actually did a soap making class recently, I’d love to start making homemade soap to put up - if I ever get free time that is 😂
I've been making melt and pour goats milk soaps, but I'd also to try the cold process with some fresh milk! I've been trying to get my life simplified so I have more time for things like that too, but then i just pile more on lol free time never comes!

I've been making melt and pour goats milk soaps, but I'd also to try the cold process with some fresh milk! I've been trying to get my life simplified so I have more time for things like that too, but then i just pile more on lol free time never comes!
I love melt and pour soaps! I have a bunch of silicone candy molds that I like using to make tiny hand soaps 😊
Cold-process actually isn’t as scary as it looks, now that I’ve seen it done in person it actually looks pretty fun 😁
I completely understand about the free time lol 😂 I had all the baby goats to take care of in addition to all the other critters, they’re gone but now I have twice a day milking 😂

It’s my understanding that goats milk does not separate like cows milk. It is more homogenized. So not sure you can make butter from it. But then again, there is goat cheese you could make. I’m considering getting a goat too.

It’s my understanding that goats milk does not separate like cows milk. It is more homogenized. So not sure you can make butter from it. But then again, there is goat cheese you could make. I’m considering getting a goat too.
You can make butter! Actually, anything you can make from cows milk you can make from goats milk. It is true it doesn’t naturally homogenize, but you can let it sit in the fridge for a few days to let it seperate, or buy a cream seperater ☺️

I love melt and pour soaps! I have a bunch of silicone candy molds that I like using to make tiny hand soaps 😊
Cold-process actually isn’t as scary as it looks, now that I’ve seen it done in person it actually looks pretty fun 😁
I completely understand about the free time lol 😂 I had all the baby goats to take care of in addition to all the other critters, they’re gone but now I have twice a day milking 😂
Well my youngest will be going to pre k this fall and I'm hoping to start cold process then! I don't want any lye out while the kids are around. Hopefully I'll have some goat milk to use in it too!!

Nigerian Dwarf Goats are really good milkers for their size they're small and friendly and the babies go for a lot of money if they're registered. We have a small herd and I'd say the hardest thing is hoof care but even that is pretty easy. If you're looking for small goats for not a lot of land, I highly recommend them.

Nigerian Dwarf Goats are really good milkers for their size they're small and friendly and the babies go for a lot of money if they're registered. We have a small herd and I'd say the hardest thing is hoof care but even that is pretty easy. If you're looking for small goats for not a lot of land, I highly recommend them.
Do you trim hooves yourself or have to use a ferrier?

Back
Top Bottom