Which Breed of Goat to Get???

For a milking doe which breed would you recommend/choose?

• Nubians

• Nigerian Dwarfs

• La Manchas

• Mini Nubians

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hatch in chicks

Songster
Mar 3, 2023
I really want a goat, but I'm having some trouble choosing a certain breed of goat.
I want a goat that is NOT loud, friendly, and a good milker.
MILK: (range) 1-2 quarts and up to a gallon.
Thank You!!!

My two nigerian does give 2 pints a piece per day. I should mention mine are 25% nubian but full niggies wouldnt give much less. Typically niggies teats are small therefore you cant use normal milking machines so that would be a problem if your against doing it the old fashioned way. Their milk is way creamier than other breeds too. They are sweet and typically quiet unless they are in heat. I would highly recomend that breed!🐐

My two nigerian does give 2 pints a piece per day. I should mention mine are 25% nubian but
Nubians are pretty loud and not easy to control and keep contained due to their size. They are also quite fragile healthwise.

full niggies wouldnt give much less. Typically niggies teats are small therefore you cant use normal milking machines so that would be a problem if your against doing it the old fashioned way. Their milk is way creamier than other breeds too. They are sweet and typically quiet unless they are in heat. I would highly recomend that breed!🐐
Thank You!!!

I really want a goat, but I'm having some trouble choosing a certain breed of goat.
I want a goat that is NOT loud, friendly, and a good milker.
MILK: (range) 1-2 quarts and up to a gallon.
Thank You!!!
We have 2 Nigerian Dwarfs. Pregnant now, but from a good milking line. They are quiet until they see us then they act like toddlers that need attention. lol I’m looking forward to trying the milk!

Back
Top Bottom