I now understand!

Quote:
Adam, I was about to ask if that was nail polish on your hands.
gig.gif

Congrats on the eggs.

lorain's fids :

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Congrats on your first eggs! we are waiting for our first eggs to arrive here.
How old are your chickens? Mine just turned 20 weeks.

I think I only have 1 hen out of 6 laying and in think she is 21 weeks

Good luck to you and your ladies!​

Quote:
I tried to get the same pic with my first 2 eggs yesterday with my 3 yr old son. Ended with no pic and only 1 egg:(
sad.png
. LOL

I bought my day old chicks in June. This morning, 6:30am, my RIR laid her FIRST EGG.
lol.png
The wait has been miserable, but I now understand all of the conversations on this forum regarding egg laying. For those wanting an answer: Sunday, the RIR did the egg squat. Tuesday she acted restless and spent 6 hours running for water then hop up on the nest box perch. Wednesday she was quiet and stayed still. Thursday, 6:30am, she laid her first egg. The BR is quiet today, the golden buff acts like a cheerleader, but the Specked Sussex spent today drinking water then hoop onto the perch of the nest box so just maybe there will be an egg from her tomorrow. All of my girls are 21 weeks and 3 days old today. Neighbors thought I was nuts yelling to husband, grab the cameras we got our first egg.
lol.png
lol.png
Do not give up, it really is worth the wait.

Quote:
It is fantastic.
big_smile.png
She laid the egg, but I have done the chicken dance all day. Since the grandson keeps wanting to look at the egg, gives me a huge smile then a thumbs up, then asks to see the egg again, we will have to wait to scramble that first egg. THe grandson now knows how to do the chicken dance.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom