I quit smoking

TTracy, time for an update.
I'm doing really good!!
I am still using the e-cig with no nicotine.
I watched the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and realized that quitting the cigarettes was one giant first step for me. I bought a juicer and started juicing to help my body repair itself after 30 years of me smoking. I have been juicing for 3 weeks now.
Being outside is sometimes still tricky, after so many years of "going outside=get to smoke" but I try not to fight it too much and I have the e-cig if I really need it.
thumbsup.gif

WONDERFUL ! So glad to hear you are 'hanging in there' and resisting that TEMPORARY urge to smoke. You are an inspiraton for me and others I am sure. I have a CD I got a long time ago that uses self hypnosis to quit those nasty, stinkin, dirty, expensive, health ruining, killing cigaretts. In the next day or two when I can consentrate on it I am going to do the CD. program. Will let you know how it goes. BRAVO on the juicing ! I have ordered a juicer, am going to do that also. Have been diganosed pre-diabeties due to some Rx I have to take ~ for the rest of my life. Thanks Post Office for ruining my life. I can't do anything about that but I CAN and WILL do something about the cigaretts. Hang in there. DON'T EVER PICK UP "JUST ONE" cigarette. That is how I started smoking again after quitting for 7 years. ? Does anyone have a 'STUPID' stamp for my forehead ? Okay, keep us posted and BRAVO , BRAVO, CONGRATULATIONS ! You will look back and be SO very glad you did it.
celebrate.gif
p.s. When I quit before I learned the desire to smoke, after a few weeks, was not physical but physiological.

That is fantastic!
clap.gif

I felt the best when I was juicing. I did the 30 day no solids- no chewing one. I cheated and just chewed my apples extremely well.
I need to get back into it. ...and my clothes.
I have planted enough kale for everybody. (The voles should get real healthy.)

I don't know how it would taste in a juice but I plant a lot of Swiss Chard. Darn stuff grows like a weed. It is good when young in salads and can be cooked like spinich. It is too hot here to grow spinich but the Swiss Chard does well. It also has a little milder taste than kale.

WONDERFUL ! So glad to hear you are 'hanging in there' and resisting that TEMPORARY urge to smoke. You are an inspiraton for me and others I am sure. I have a CD I got a long time ago that uses self hypnosis to quit those nasty, stinkin, dirty, expensive, health ruining, killing cigaretts. In the next day or two when I can consentrate on it I am going to do the CD. program. Will let you know how it goes. BRAVO on the juicing ! I have ordered a juicer, am going to do that also. Have been diganosed pre-diabeties due to some Rx I have to take ~ for the rest of my life. Thanks Post Office for ruining my life. I can't do anything about that but I CAN and WILL do something about the cigaretts. Hang in there. DON'T EVER PICK UP "JUST ONE" cigarette. That is how I started smoking again after quitting for 7 years. ? Does anyone have a 'STUPID' stamp for my forehead ? Okay, keep us posted and BRAVO , BRAVO, CONGRATULATIONS ! You will look back and be SO very glad you did it.
celebrate.gif
p.s. When I quit before I learned the desire to smoke, after a few weeks, was not physical but physiological.
I am so glad you are giving it another try! Please use this forum for support, even if you just need to vent. I completely agree about the physical vs physiological urges', its the whole package! First you have to fight the physical urges, the later the physiological urges. But it is worth it in the end!!!
Swiss Chard is great in juice! I dont like to eat it, but have no problems drinking it! lol

Back
Top Bottom