I take a lot of pictures of my chickens. Is that weird?

Nope! Unless I'm crazy too. I took weekly photos of all of my chickens (I had 13 but had to rehome 4 of them as they were roos and I only wanted 1) and although I don't take individual weekly ones any more, I still try to get individual shots every few weeks, and over-all cutsie photos constantly. Same with my iguanas, my dog, my cat... lol. But especially my roo. :D He's a little model.

If it wasn't for us crazy chicken and other fowl owners taking tons of pictures, think of how boring it could be here - pictures tell stories, catch moments, make threads come alive, make us giggle, and remind of us how lucky we are to have these amazing critters in our lives. I'm so surprised that I haven't seen these on the BYC calendar contest thread! The deadline for that is past now, but boy, I better see some of these entered next year!

In the meantime, there's another really fun thread (contest) started that will star kids and fowl together. It's right here, and although it's early yet the entries are fantastic. Get some of these in there!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1021893/official-byc-family-fowl-photo-contest/10#post_15857043

Glad I am not the only one as well. I like how most of you have the kids AND the chickens in the pics. The other day at work, one of the ladies asked if I had a pic of my daughter. I quickly went thru my phone and
hide.gif
......WELL, I asked if they'd like to see pics of the chickens instead. 4 kids, and I only have a couple pics. In my defense, my phone is a cheap, crappy phone, and I only get 32 pics. So, yes, I have filled it with chicken pics.
big_smile.png
So, it's not my fault. I obviously need a better, updated phone.

You certainly are not alone! For example, my chicken and duck folder for the entire month of September contained 251 pictures.
smile.png
I know, it's overkill, but I love it! Here are some pictures of my babies to share.

This doesn't nearly cover all our birds, but it will have to do.
big_smile.png

-Alex

Back
Top Bottom