Icelandic Chickens

Could be, my stock came indirectly from Sheriff Mary. There would be generation(s) in between.

This makes me happy to hear. It means I have a small chance of getting one like him, too
celebrate.gif

That's something that I've been noticing that I really like about my two cockerels - They are vigilant. They're old enough now that they're interested in the "manly duties", too, so they occasionally knock each other off of the pullets when one of them tries to mate. Despite that, I usually see them working as a team to keep an eye out for danger, find food for their girls, and even shepherding stray pullets to make sure they're safe. I cannot say enough good things about this breed! Everyone needs to have Icelandics
cool.png

Orri didn't last long at Mary's place, so unless you got eggs from her right away, you probably don't have any of his children. Good thing too because he was mean as snot. He would attack Mary and her granddaughter, so he went bye bye.

Of the original 4 Icelandics Mary got from Sigrid, she only kept Isi and Lukka. Henna, the other hen, died from internal laying shortly after Mary got her.

Orri didn't last long at Mary's place, so unless you got eggs from her right away, you probably don't have any of his children. Good thing too because he was mean as snot. He would attack Mary and her granddaughter, so he went bye bye.

Of the original 4 Icelandics Mary got from Sigrid, she only kept Isi and Lukka. Henna, the other hen, died from internal laying shortly after Mary got her.
Thanks for the info. Still looks like him, maybe he won't have the temperament issue.

What happened to Mary? Have not seen her here for a while. Hope that nothing happened to her...

My Icelandics are just simply gorgeous! Need a good camera to take a picture of them, or hold each one of them and take a picture of them one at a time, but that will take me about a hour to take a picture of all 7. lol

What happened to Mary? Have not seen her here for a while. Hope that nothing happened to her...
My Icelandics are just simply gorgeous! Need a good camera to take a picture of them, or hold each one of them and take a picture of them one at a time, but that will take me about a hour to take a picture of all 7. lol

I think most of the regulars that were on this thread migrated over to Stella's Social Club. So I think Mary is okay
smile.png

I hope I didn't scare them off. I promise I bathe every day!

Mary is still trying to get everything settled after her move. I haven't seen her but a couple times since she moved.

I think most of the regulars that were on this thread migrated over to Stella's Social Club. So I think Mary is okay
smile.png

I hope I didn't scare them off. I promise I bathe every day!
Nope, you didn't scare her off. Most of the chit chat happens on the Stella thread.

Back
Top Bottom