Icelandic Chickens

Kimmie, I love that white one with the rusty back! I have two cockerels that are similarly colored to your colorful boy, there. They both have some of the white fluff feathers at the base of their tail, especially the one with orange on his wings. I wondered about it, too, but I thought it was cute.

Here's some pictures of my Icee's

Why on the roo coming down the ramp his tail feathers are white?

Icee hen squaring off with an EEn icelandic's
the fluff? I see that alot on icelandic's

Hey everyone haven't been on in a long time (again) just got caught up and I'm still debating on if i'm getting icelandics or if i'm just gonna focus on my Games.Desicions,decisions.

-Geremiah

Hey everyone haven't been on in a long time (again) just got caught up and I'm still debating on if i'm getting icelandics or if i'm just gonna focus on my Games.Desicions,decisions.

-Geremiah
Why not do both?
lol.png
Sorry, not trying to enable the disease.
duc.gif

But how can you resist the gorgeous eye candy?
This is Harley and Hotrod running for scratch.

And Nutmeg, QuickSilver and BlueSteel

The thing I like about these roosters is for the most part they get along and are good with the girls. Iowa Blues at this age are totally obnoxious and not fit for polite society. I have flock of about 30 that free range my barnyard separate from the coop.The roosters are a 2 year old Buff Orp rooster,1 year old Bantam EE, a GL Cochin, a big BO cross and 4 Icelandic roosters all in the same flock. It may change in the spring, but for now it's great having all those gorgeous roosters on display. None of my hens are naked either!

I have some amazing news, I am so sorry but my computer is to slow (old) to load pics, but I have chicks from a broodie hen! In MINNESOTA in the WINTER!!! The hen is doing a great job taking care of them and it is so cool to see how hardy the little ones are! Two hatched on the 19th the third and last hatched on the 21st. I am totally impressed!

I have some amazing news, I am so sorry but my computer is to slow (old) to load pics, but I have chicks from a broodie hen! In MINNESOTA in the WINTER!!! The hen is doing a great job taking care of them and it is so cool to see how hardy the little ones are! Two hatched on the 19th the third and last hatched on the 21st. I am totally impressed!

That's fantastic! Congrats! Sounds like a good mama. Now I have visions of fluffbums dancing through my head
smile.png

-Geremiah

Get the Icelandics. Do it. Just do it. Don't think about it. You know you want them
wink.png

My first ICELANDIC BROODY!!!! She's been on the nest for the last 5 nights.

Would chicks on Monday be too early? I'm hoping to have some Icelandic chicks to put under her on Monday or Tuesday. I gave the last 30 Icelandic eggs (2 weeks post Drekki Jr.) to a friend to incubate. Only 7 went into lockdown.... I'm hoping for at least one Drekki III.

Back
Top Bottom