Icelandic Chickens

Shawn, I can't wait to see pics of your Icelandic babies when they hatch.

How are you going to keep them separate????!!!!

Congrats on all of the new chicks and those about to be hatched !!
celebrate.gif

April and May are the months I plan to be hatching. A bit cool here for new chicks out until May.

I am in process right now of building several large brooders with runs on them for outside use. Later they can double to house extra Roosters while I watch them to find Isis' next co-rooster.

Life is good ! and better with Icelandic Chickens !
thumbsup.gif

Well, because I was aching to get into the 25+ Pen Club, I've now got Icelandic eggs in the incubator. Shawn & I swapped goodies & we're both going to be in big trouble soon!

I'm really tickled. I remember adding about these back in the day of the Warden!

April and May are the months I plan to be hatching. A bit cool here for new chicks out until May.

Life is good ! and better with Icelandic Chickens !
thumbsup.gif
Me, too, Jake!! I'll be setting eggs March 20, first day of spring, for my first chicks to hatch first week in April and ready for outside in May.
jumpy.gif

Well, because I was aching to get into the 25+ Pen Club, I've now got Icelandic eggs in the incubator. Shawn & I swapped goodies & we're both going to be in big trouble soon!

I'm really tickled. I remember adding about these back in the day of the Warden!
Welcome, Renee, to the wonderful world of Icelandics!
highfive.gif

I must just be crazy, I have icelandics in the house that are going to have to go to the barn in a couple of days because I have more due to hatch, and now some more eggs waiting to be put in the bator after the second group hatch! I also have a hen setting in the coop! I am obsessed and can't stop.....is there an icelandics anonymous
idunno.gif
??? Anyone wanting chicks near Iowa when I get overrun??? Congrats to all the newcomers and the new hatches!

I must just be crazy, I have icelandics in the house that are going to have to go to the barn in a couple of days because I have more due to hatch, and now some more eggs waiting to be put in the bator after the second group hatch! I also have a hen setting in the coop! I am obsessed and can't stop.....is there an icelandics anonymous
idunno.gif
??? Anyone wanting chicks near Iowa when I get overrun??? Congrats to all the newcomers and the new hatches!
Crazy? What's crazy about hatching multitudes of Icelandics?
hu.gif
Anybody seeing anything crazy? I don't!!

I must just be crazy,  I have icelandics in the house that are going to have to go to the barn in a couple of days because I have more due to hatch, and now some more eggs waiting to be put in the bator after the second group hatch! I also have a hen setting in the coop!   I am obsessed and can't stop.....is there an icelandics anonymous:idunno ???  Anyone wanting chicks near Iowa when I get overrun???  Congrats to all the newcomers and the new hatches!

Crazy?    What's crazy about hatching multitudes of Icelandics? :confused:   Anybody seeing anything crazy?   I don't!!

:yuckyuck

I have 3- month old chicks in my brooder, 25+ eggs baking a week now in the incubator, and will set a whole lot more for the hatch a long tomorrow.... Help!

Shawn, I can't wait to see pics of your Icelandic babies when they hatch.

How are you going to keep them separate????!!!!
That question is part of why it took so long to set them all.. trying to decide how to separate chicks... I finally decided that I will rearrange a little after candling and put everything in one tray that I plan on keeping and everything that is for sale in the other tray... the turkeys will hatch a week later so they can fill in either tray... after they hatch I will just have two different brooders to start with.... I'll figure out what is what and what is a keeper later on when they get older.. LOL

I'll be building a few more pens this summer too.... not going to be in the 25+ but probably 10+ :) (plus I am considering a free ranging flock of icelandics in the south pasture...

My icelandics still haven't started up back laying at full production!! I get one egg out of three hens a day, but often I don't get any:(

I really am hoping one goes broody! When do they typically do this, does age play into it? My hens are probably around 11 mo. or so

Back
Top Bottom