Icelandic Chickens

I got a good picture of my favorite boy yesterday. This guy was hatched from eggs from Wool Farm - Lyle Behl lines I believe. He is quite large now, though it took him a while to get there. He'll be a year on Halloween.

There are a lot of gorgeous babies Kathyinmo and NotAFarm growing up though. How am I ever going to choose?

If I have fertility problems in my flock I'll have to blame this guy. If the hens start screeching Kaz goes over and knocks the rooster off! He doesn't let the cockerels squabble either.

*jealous* I want a big ole barn like that! Beautiful pictures of chickens and dog too.

Here's some Icelandic pics I took yesterday:

The naughty one that lays eggs in the shavings bag.

The 2 look alikes - Briet and not Briet (haven't named her yet) They have different combs, but with the same swirl. Not Briet has feathered shanks too.

Where the heck is Jake? Shouldn't he be in AK yet?

I was just wondering about Jake as well. He was remiss in checking in shortly after his arrival in WA as well. Hope he's ok. That's a crazy trip alone.

*jealous* I want a big ole barn like that! Beautiful pictures of chickens and dog too.

The 2 look alikes - Briet and not Briet (haven't named her yet) They have different combs, but with the same swirl. Not Briet has feathered shanks too.

It is a pretty cool barn. It needs some work though. My DH wants to "restore" it, but I'd be OK with covering it with tin to keep the snow from blowing through the cracks. Either way it's a project on the 5 year plan. I have a pullet that looks like Briet but no feathered shanks. She is my "Stella" too - I see her everywhere.

I love these 2...

Mary and Kathy... don't you want one of these??

Ok so here are a couple of pictures of the piggies....

We had 11 baby Large Black Hogs born last Wed & Thurs.. I had no idea baby pigs were so playful!!!

Back
Top Bottom