Icelandic Chickens

I ain't been on this thread in awhile.If I could save my money I would try to get some Icelandics from y'all but I can't save it!!!
smack.gif

Theres a lot of that going around, but as they say where theres a will theres a way. Eggs are available.

I ain't been on this thread in awhile.If I could save my money I would try to get some Icelandics from y'all but I can't save it!!!
smack.gif
Wish you were closer. I gave 11 eggs away last week for a family to put under their broody. Those chicks will be due the 19th of November. I gave another 11 eggs away to go into an incubator in far North Phoenix today.

The roo has been gone for a week today. They laid 4 eggs today... just how long do you think the eggs will remain fertile?

Wish you were closer. I gave 11 eggs away last week for a family to put under their broody. Those chicks will be due the 19th of November. I gave another 11 eggs away to go into an incubator in far North Phoenix today.

The roo has been gone for a week today. They laid 4 eggs today... just how long do you think the eggs will remain fertile?
They will stay fertile for about a month

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got my first Icelandic egg today!!! Not sure what hen laid it, but they are all about 24 weeks old! One interesting thing is the size of the egg... all my other larger breeds laid much smaller eggs to start with. But this Icelandic egg is HUGE for the hen's first egg.

The other eggs in the box are BR, LS and Dorking

in comparison with a light sussex egg

Back
Top Bottom