Idaho?

So I decided to do this after I brought home 4 new orps yesterday and now I have two black that look VERY much alike! This will help me tell them apart for awhile til I learn to notice their little differences. But I'm not going to lie I LOVE IT! HAHAH
big_smile.png

This is the awesomest thing I've ever seen...

For those of you in Boise/Meridian, in subdivisions, do you worry about hawks? We have a few that fly around over head every once in a while. I'd love to let my silkies run around in the yard more often, but I worry they'll get snatched, and it's just been too hot for me to sit out there and keep an eye on them for long.

That's what I was going to say. I have one much younger but looks the same.
ok don't know what a rock is and he didn't say what color eggs she was laying I haven't got any white eggs but I have gotten brown eggs from my 6 hens that rage from a lite brown to a medium brown ... I have 3 sexlink blacks and two RIR and this sweet white suppose to be hen no crowing yet lol and she is suppose to be 11 months old. I personally don't think that she is that old she was missing a lot of feathers when I got her he said it was because she was with a roo and it was her backend just above the tail that the majority of the feathers were missing. this will be interesting.

Not sure if this helps but she has elongated nasal passages... her personality is.... I can't peck ya so I will just run my breast into ya that is what she does to the other hens just the RIR ones cause the black sex links no one picks on them not even my dogs the hens will take them on and not alone they will gang up on my poor dogs lmao..

hey I was wondering does anyone know if the light brahamas are just bantams or are they the regular size hens ? I would love to have one of them I think they are beautiful but they would have to be the regular size hen cause my hens would hurt a poor bantam.

hey I was wondering does anyone know if the light brahamas are just bantams or are they the regular size hens ? I would love to have one of them I think they are beautiful but they would have to be the regular size hen cause my hens would hurt a poor bantam.
light brahmas are only light in color. The roosters are @12 lbs and over. The hens a bit smaller.

Here are my two light brahmas about 7 weeks

Last edited:

Also if you are worried about the ratio of consumption of feed to the amount of eggs you get Light Bhramas are not the most super frequent layers, I read they only lay about one egg every three days, not sure how true this is but I am pretty sure that is about what mine average but I really can't tell who's eggs are who's when I collect them.

Also I have a question for you Ladyorchid that is not chicken related, but I must ask since you have orchid in your username if you grow orchids?

Last edited:
Also if you are worried about the ratio of consumption of feed to the amount of eggs you get Light Bhramas are not the most super frequent layers, I read they only lay about one egg every three days, not sure how true this is but I am pretty sure that is about what mine average but I really can't tell who's eggs are who's when I collect them.

Also I have a question for you Ladyorchid that is not chicken related, but I must ask since you have orchid in your username if you grow orchids?
I use to grow orchids love them but just haven't had the time lately.... now I am just doing chickens

Back
Top Bottom