Idaho?

Pics
Quote:
Oh I would love to take them but it would lead to D.I.V.O.R.C.E. My dog limit has been reached at 3
sad.png

Het TedJan92! Good luck with getting rid of those terriers (aka:terrorists). I would take them, but number 1. I am not insane, and 2. I already have a "great" Parsons Russell Terrier.
Anyway...
I live in NE Boise with my five pullets (Welsummer, Belgian D.A., Speckled Sussex, Black Copper Marans, and Australorp) dogs and family. The End.

Quote:
how old are they??
i live in cocolalla and my parents are looking for a dog.. i think a jack russ would soot them really well

frow.gif
Hello Everyone,

What a beautiful day! I love the snow, it makes everything look so fresh and new. My chickens are really holding up well so far, but I have a few questions for you all:

1) Do you leave the coop door open during the day when it's snowing? Some of my flock leave the coop but stay in a covered area under/inside the branches of trees, or the overhangs on my roof. Some don't leave the coop at all. I'm wondering if I should be leaving them inside with the door shut?? Is it too cold to let them roam about?

2) I have 4 coops. In my main coop, I have a base heater for my 5 gallon steel waterer. Works great. In the smaller coops I have smaller waterers, and I've been changing them 3 times a day due to ice build up. Out of desperation I just bought a 3 gallon heated poultry waterer for $59.97 online
ep.gif
. What does everyone else do or use?

3) My coop isn't insulated. I haven't been using a heating lamp because when I pick the chickens up, they're always really warm under all those feathers. What kind of set up are you using?

Connie

Last edited:
I have no idea if what we're doing is right
idunno.gif
but here it is! We open the little chicken door every morning and now leave them locked in their little yard. We lost two last week when they were free ranging. They just disappeared no tracks, no feathers so who knows. We just started leaving the heat lamp on all the time and we have a 3 gallon plastic heated waterer. They seem to be fine, some come out and some stay inside. The coop walls are insulated but the roof isn't and the door is on the N side so it doesn't get much wind.

BTW I'm in Athol

Connie

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Hi!

Where did you get your waterer and how much was it, if I may ask? I really need a couple more of the same size, as I said, the one I purchased online this morning was pretty expensive.
What kind of chickens do you have and how many? I lost 2 pullets (of course!) a couple months ago. They disappeared without a trace - just like yours. We live near Samuels, you can hear the coyotes every night and the birds of prey during the day. We moved the birds right next to the house, and haven't had any problems since..
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom