Ideal MG discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

astylishgirl

Animal Lover Supreme
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
Someone posted on another post about how Ideal had a disease in its flocks? MG? I think?

Does anyone know anything about this? I just got some chicks from my local feedstore and they get all their chicks from Ideal. Does anyone have any info on this?

Title changed by request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask PurpleChicken. He is really experienced in this
thumbsup.gif
. Unfortunetly its a illness thats chronic and can be passed through genes.

It appears to me a mod must have delete it from the post. No response from mods yet to find out why they took it out.

From my Chicken Health Handbook, it says tha diseases caused by MG can be difficult to recognize without lab work, since they often occur in combination with other bacteria and with viruses. They are spread from infected breeders through hatching eggs and by direct contact with infected or carrier birds. Survivors become immune to future infection but remain carriers for life. the bacteria can not survive long away from the bird's body.

So I would remain with caution rather than flaming the fire for Ideal's otherwise they will not stay in business for long.

I dont know where the original OP got the source and Ideal would have informed breeders about it but I guess they do not want to deal with it. Ideal get all the hatching eggs from breeders and their own. Who knows for sure!

I've recently gotten Spitz chicks about a month ago and they had no signs of MG and not even a day ever got sick.

I didn't get any chicks from Ideal this year, but I have in the past and they've been just fine. I know that last year there was an issue with a hatchery, but it wasn't Ideal.

the thread ya posted i checked and someone pasted same info about ideal that did yesterday

but no proof either of anything bad at all just hear say really

if their AG was informed then i figure all AG's were informed also

call to find out

i personally like ideal so nothing bad for me to say

I ordered from Ideal earlier this Spring. No problems with delivery and all the chicks are doing fine...no losses. They are growing and thriving. I did add them to my already established flock about 4 weeks ago...NO Losses with my original flock. All doing great.

(head scratching here)

I honestly dont know what to say but Fattie has to find some concrete answer to this. I got some Spitz chicks about a month ago and none of them have it, none are dead.

I called Ideal today about the post yesterday. I explained to them that the post had been pulled due to them being advertisers but asked them to deny or confirm the claim. The representative would not do either and after putting me on hold, told me that the owners would be notified. I asked if the owners were in today and would they be notified this morning. She said "yes" and again I explained that the post had been pulled but would appreciate them comfirming or denying the claim. I called about 9:00 am their time.
Maybe the mod who pulled the post should call them and get the info. We do need and have the right to know if the claim is true or not. Isn't that part of what this website is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom