best hatchery for silkies

I was just notified by the Dept. of Ag that Ideal's birds have Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (a communicable diseaes). I wouldn't chance bringing that home to my birds. It kills fast. You should wait until they get that problem under control. JMHO.
smile.png

Are you kidding me??? Several of my birds came from there because that is where my local feed store buys from. Including the two new Dominiques that I just got from there YESTERDAY.

Quote:
this is same thing that ya said yesterday

my concern as it was yesterday

is there proof of this written or otherwise?

im sure if it is true then there would be some documentation of this somewhere

which dept of AG exactly did you get notified from? ill call them ASAP

i really would like to know as i just got chicks over a week ago from them and i plan on getting more from them in the future

seems someone deleted the last post you started concerning ideal

any info?

thank you

On topic - Ideal's silkies are okay as far as pet quality, but you will get a mix of bearded and non-bearded.

If you want the really nice fluffy ones you see in photos, it's best to go with a breeder. Get some hatching eggs or some even sell chicks.

Quote:
Yes, I'd like to see a copy of your notification.

I was notified via telephone by my (MD) Dept. of Ag. You can call them to verify it: 410-543-6610, ask for Kim Arnold or Dr. Claudia Osorio. It is true. Hope no one gets any sick/dying birds from them. I buy from them too, that's why Kim called me about it.

Depends on what you want your silkies for. If you want them for pet then a hatchery is fine, but if showing is in your future, you need to get them from a breeder!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom