Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I received my order from My Pet Chicken a little over two weeks ago..I received one buff orpington, three austalorps, two black copper marans, two red sex-links and one campine. My chicks came healthy and bright.. They are now outside in their coop and doing great!! My only issue is that I changed my order three times, (my problem) and they charge five dollars every time you change your order.. But other than that they are healthy birds and charge one dollar for the vaccine..

It was my understanding that they have a hatchery in Ohio. I assumed they owned the hatchery.. Why do you ask? Oops, I googled and understand why you asked. My Pet Chicken hatchery is in Ohio; so no worries... They have wonderful customer service also!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that one of my friends ordered some White Rocks for her Production line from Ideal, and the offspring produced from them (all female, both White Rocks and a Black Sex-Link) ended up with deformed cross-beaks, one with a missing eye.

We have 6 white rocks from ideal. Just started laying. Great looking birds to me. They stay clean and
are all very healthy. No cross beaks or missing eyes. Wouldn't trade them.

Anyone with former Ideal experience know if they send extra pullets in orders? We ordered 15 Black Australorps and 5 Buff Orpingtons (all pullets) and got 19 BA and 6 BO (4 extras). So if they sent the same breed, would they be pullets? I figured if they were roos, they would have sent a different breed so I could distinguish between the two... All of the chicks are healthy as can be and I would order again from Ideal if I ever want to expand the flock!

It sounds like they threw in a few pullets to fill the order instead of roo's. On everyone of my invoices it has stated that roo's were added so if you don't see that maybe your safe?

I have also always had luck getting a quick response by email from them.
I got chicks last week and more coming this week from Ideal!

Back
Top Bottom