Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
Yes, I really have no complaints about the quality of birds from the other place I ordered, but I paid $38 for shipping from the other place and I only paid $41 for my complete order from Ideal for the same amount of birds. I ordered 4 Dominiques, 3 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Easter Eggers, and 1 Dominique Roo for the $41 including shipping

Yes, I really have no complaints about the quality of birds from the other place I ordered, but I paid $38 for shipping from the other place and I only paid $41 for my complete order from Ideal for the same amount of birds. I ordered 4 Dominiques, 3 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Easter Eggers, and 1 Dominique Roo for the $41 including shipping 

Good to know. I have only ordered from ideal so I was just curious.

Well my babies are all doing great! IDEAL is such a fantastic company, I only paid 48 dollars for my entire order of 25 amerucanas pullets, and I received 26, and that is what Shipping would have been from McMurrys.

Yesterday i received my 10 new chicks from Ideal, they all look good and healthy. Shipped Tuesday from Texas, and made it to Minnesota on Thursday morning. I would order from them again.

Last edited:
I ordered 8 bantam chicks due to hatch yesterday 9/11 from ideal. I got 4 frizzle cochins and 4 silkies in a couple of different colors. The post office called me this morning at 7:40 and told me my chicks were in and come and get them! They made it from Texas to Virginia overnight and all chicks were alive. One white frizzle cochin was very much smaller than the rest and looked sleepy and disoreinted. I gave them water and food and put them under the heat in the brooder. The little frizzle perked up after a few hours and is now just as crazy as the rest of them. All together I give ideal two thumbs up on the whole order and will be using them again. My only complaint which I'm really not mad about is that when we opened the box we counted 16 chicks. My packing slip said "males added for warmth". I figured they would put 1 or 2 in but 8??? I called and found out they were probably RIR or production red roos. I thought about raising them to give away at a later age but they are already picking on the bantams. They like to pull them around by the feathers. I placed an ad on c-list and already found a local lady who is coming tomorrow to take all 8. I'll post some pics later.

I ordered 15 that are all supposed to be black sex link pullets but I am not sure about a couple of them. They were hatched 8/27 and arrived 8/29. All are alive and healthy. I ordered from Hoffman in PA but the zip code of origion is Buckholdts,TX right next to Cameron zone 6. I really like my birds. If I decide to get more chicks next year I will order from Ideal.

Back
Top Bottom