Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I realize this is an old thread, but I ordered my chicks from Ideal in late December, about two weeks before the estimated ship date of January 8th. Everything went smoothly. They debited my card exactly when it said they would, and actually shipped a day earlier than I anticipated, which as a consequence they arrived a day earlier, which was a nice treat. I picked them up from the Post Office at 630 a.m. and everything was in good order. I ordered 12 and got 5 extra packing peanuts and they are all healthy and happy. I would definitely order from them again.

I realize this is an old thread, but I ordered my chicks from Ideal in late December, about two weeks before the estimated ship date of January 8th. Everything went smoothly. They debited my card exactly when it said they would, and actually shipped a day earlier than I anticipated, which as a consequence they arrived a day earlier, which was a nice treat. I picked them up from the Post Office at 630 a.m. and everything was in good order. I ordered 12 and got 5 extra packing peanuts and they are all healthy and happy. I would definitely order from them again. 

Are you able to tell yet what your peanuts are?

Yes. They gave me 5 black sex link males. Apparently this is standard with Ideal from what I have read on the forums. None of the other chicks that I ordered are black which makes it easy.

So my 12 Cochins all made it safe, they spent the first few hours warming in our bathroom in a Rubbermaid tub, but they are all doing well in the brooder now.

I got 10 extra peanuts, all but one of them made the trip and they all seem to be doing well also. Anyone have any ideas what these guys might be?

The ones with the prominent stripe and the yellow are the extras.

Not real sure what kind...they kinda look like these possible breeds....Sicilian buttercup
golden campine...golden Phoenix ...its so hard to tell

Of those of you who ordered straight run (bantams especially) what was your male/female ratio you ended up with?

I had more females than males in my straight run order of cochin bantams. I ordered 5 Gold Laced(one died, the 4 were female), 5 Birchen(2 male, 3 female), 5 Mottled(2 male, 3 female), 5 Red (3 male, 2 female), and 5 Buff(2 male, 3 female). Great ratio if you ask me!

Brandon

Back
Top Bottom