Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
Black Australorps (?)

Buff Orpingtons and...packing peanuts....?? And which are the orps?
hmm.png

Mystery packing peanuts (round 2!) Silver Lace Wyandottes?

Easter Eggers (2 muffy/fluffy faces, one without?)
Barred Rocks?

Please feel free to correct me or give any insight. :)

Received my box yesterday! I ordered 15 Buff Orpington (5 male, 10 female) and 15 Black Australorp (5 male, 10 female) and was shorted one BA. After contacting Ideal they promised to refund for a BA pullet. They all arrived alive, happy and energetic. They immediately got to eating and drinking. Last night we had to clean two pasty butts and this evening we've had to clean 3 pasty butts.

Unfortunately, this afternoon we lost a BO, with no visible indicator of death.

Once I have these out in their coop I'll be ordering 5 white pekin ducks, 5 broad breasted white turkeys and 50-75 white cornish rocks. This is the first time we've had chickens from chicks so I want to ease into it. The fragile little things scare the crap out of me.

Chicken spool...think ur buffs are the golden ones....check flight feathers..single row is male...two rows are female...
Yes on ee
Yes on bared rock
Ill check later on your mystery ones.
Your pale yellows is a stuffy...perhaps male red sex link or leghorns

I have some chicks shipping on the 12th. Madagascars, Malays, and Buff Leghorns. Plus whatever packing peanuts they send. I originally wanted exchequer leghorns but ended up replacing them with buff since the exchequers weren't laying. Does anyone have any pictures of leghorns from Ideal?
Here are some of the chicks I got from them last year. Originally I think I ordered 7 or 8, and they sent 9 packing peanuts (which I sold). Sadly, the only ones I have left are one Madagascar and a Jersey Giant. I guess I wasn't very lucky with my last batch. Only one of them came sick, though.

Chicken spool...my guess on your mystery chicks are silver laced wyandotte or black australorp....the extra yellows well you'll just have to wait till they feather out

My BO's are the same color as your lighter yellow ones.

Chicken spool...think ur buffs are the golden ones....check flight feathers..single row is male...two rows are female...
Yes on ee
Yes on bared rock
Ill check later on your mystery ones.
Your pale yellows is a stuffy...perhaps male red sex link or leghorns

So conflicted! LOL.....Ahhh...these crazy chicks are making ME a crazy chick.

Thanks for weighing in everyone, I'm in a rush to sort them as I'm limited on space and need to move out the folks that are going to crow. Or, as I told my husband, "If it crows, it goes."
wink.png

From what I can tell by pics the buffs are golden.
LOL....that's part of the fun of it.
mystery. Black's are probably silver laced wyandotte...or

Back
Top Bottom