Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I ordered some Barred Rocks from Ideal, due to arrive May 25th!!!
jumpy.gif

This is my first time using Ideal Poultry. The gal I talked with on the phone was very nice. I've ordered from McMurray and Welp in the past, and have been very happy with them. Except that my Barred Rocks from McMurray are crappy layers (compared to the Rhode Island Reds), so I decided to try out Ideal's BRs, because according to this ( http://www.ideal-poultry.com/pricelist/Retail Breed Description - 2009.pdf ) I should be very happy with them.
smile.png
They also have very reasonable pricing, plus free shipping to my zip code. I'm really hoping for a good experience with Ideal Poultry!
smile.png
If they play their cards right, I may switch to them for all of my chick orders!

Quote:
https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=BFCDB&Product=1048
wink.png

My Roo. His feet would be fuller but he is currently running free range with the general population and their feet get to looking very ratty.
44883_2011-03-20_018.jpg

The Buff Columbian d Uccle Bantam you sent me to, just not a match with color and markings, but similar. Not enough black on my roo's wings and neck. That and I didn't order a Buff Columbian.
44883_buffcolduccle.jpg

Is it "normal" and should I expect such a difference in appearance any purebred chicken, because was under the assumption pure bred chickens would look like the chicken they are suppose to be?

Quote:
Thanks for the information on the mottling, I did not know a milli could come spotless. I ordered Milli Fleur d Uccle and Blue Quail Begian d Anver...... I assume this roo is a spotless Milli Fleur?
I also ordered Black Crested White Polish and what I got definitely are not white bodies with black heads.
44883_2011-03-20_002_2.jpg

44883_2011-03-20_005.jpg

These guys obviously are not Black Crested White's. They are pretty birds but not what I expected or paid for. They don't even sell a splash. The splash is also strange, short and squatty, I don't know if it is just short leg or if there is something else because he doesn't stand tall like all our other polish.

As for Ideal making it right. I came here looking to see if they had responded. They sent me an email in response to my direct complaints and told me to find another place to order my chicks. Obviously I wouldn't order from them again since I didn't get what I ordered and the fact that there "straight run" is 83% males, not the world wide average of 50%.

Last edited:
I got my order yesterday- and I did not realize I had ordered from Ideal. I ordered from Purely Poultry, but the box is marked Ideal- are they affiliates, or does PP have IDeal drop ship? Either way, I was thrilled. They could not fill part of my order, the Silver Laced Wyandotte bantams, and emailed me a few days before my hatch date. I sent an email with a list of a few replacement breeds and preferred colors, and though they did not have anything on my list, they did have D'uccles (I wanted these, but the colors I preferred were out). They were very kind in letting me have 3 porcelain and 2 self blue, where normally I'd have to have at least 5 of each color. They also hatched a day early, and I got my chicks the next day! Everyone is adorable, healthy, and eating and drinking. Very bright, healthy babies. I love them already. They also put in 5 packing peanuts! I've yet to figure out which breed I got the 5 extras of, I don't handle them for the first 3 days beyond dipping their beaks in food and water.

I haven't ordered from them, but I have a dumb question. How do they charge their shipping? I was looking for a shipping chart, but I couldn't find one. Is their shipping just the so many cents per chick that they have listed in their shipping info page? They don't charge more shipping for smaller orders?

I've never ordered from anyone before, but made my first order the other day with Ideal. I am waiting on 3 African geese which should be here the end of next week. I am glad to see all the good reviews about Ideal. I'm looking forward to adding some more good words once my order gets here.
smile.png

Quote:
Their shipping charge of 15 cents a chick is SO reasonable it is hardly a charge at all!

I think the $7 small order charge and the $1 item charge may help defray their costs, but I LOVE that their prices are so reasonable.

I think one of the things that really sets Ideal Poultry apart as an honest, fair business is Cuckoo Marans! Ideal charges only $3.08 for a CM pullet and are showing sold out until 2012! Other hatcheries charge more than $5 each!!!!

I think their fair prices set them apart from the corporate greed of today that is so rampant today!

If you haven't already, look up the youtube video on Ideal Poultry -

No, I don't work for Ideal Poultry. I have ordered a few times this year, but I did not get any extras or freebies. My orders were good, MOST of the chicks made it, but I lost a few. I also lost a few of my own chicks that hatched here. Just a fact of life, NOT ALL baby birds survive to adulthood! SHIPPING IS HARD ON CHICKS!

Some of my chickens are gorgeous Show Quality birds, some aren't. I ordered from a hatchery and got healthy happy birds!

Quote:
I live in Oregon. Total cost of my Ideal Poultry order made October 2010 was $84.54.
I ordered 24 chicks total, several different bantams, at a cost of $65.94 and was charged $18.54 in additional shipping fees as follows:

Small Order Charge $7.00
Quarter Box Charge $8.00
Air Mail Charge $3.60

Back
Top Bottom