Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
mothers-are-wonderful.gif

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Mommies here! I hope you all have a great day today.
smile.png

Quote:
Excerpted from PurelyPoultry's FAQ : "We'd like to visit your farm. Do you allow tours? We do not allow visitors due to bio-security concerns. Also Purely Poultry is a sales office so there is not much to see. We can have chicks shipped to your post office."

I believe them to be a re-seller for Ideal and possibly other hatcheries as well. There are at least 2 other websites which re-sell Ideal's birds.

Thanks to all the people who explained Ideal's shipping costs. I guess I just thought the few cents per chick thing was too good to be true; that's much less than most of the other hatcheries I've looked at charge for shipping. I may be compelled to order something from them in the future....just to prove to myself that their prices are really that reasonable of course.
wink.png

I ordered mine in January to get them Feb 17th. I got 6 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Barred Hollands and they added 14 Dark Brahma Roosters (but one turned out to be a hen). They are now around 10 weeks old and are doing great!
58ff14f3.jpg

Oh yeah... And I live in Louisiana so shipping was cheap my complete order was 36 dollars and some change! Can't beat that!

Last edited:
I just ordered a box of 25 assorted Silkies from Ideal Poultry to be delivered this week!

If any other chicken (or duck) addicts are interested, the bantams (and ducks) are on special this week - https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/Products.aspx?Category=Weekly Special They are even allowing breed selection at the assorted price!!!!!!

25 Bantams delivered for only $48.25 seems like a GREAT deal!
thumbsup.gif

When did you order?

I placed my order last night and I got a call today from a really nice lady who said they were out of the Silkies for this week and did I want assorted bantams instead or Silkies next week (but at regular price).

I thanked her, but politely declined, I don't really NEED any more chickens, but it was a moment of weakness, induced by the thought of 25 baby Silkies for $1.75 each! Not that the regular price of $2.77 is bad, but I do love a good sale!

I think it is best, summer is here and I have camping and hiking and fishing to do, and chick watching interferes with that sort of thing! It is so hard to find someone who wants to babysit 25 baby chicks!

I'd baby sit them! That's why when she called me with the same dilemma I wasn't sure at the time she called so I said I'd have to call her back and I chose the assorted bantams..hope they get here tomorrow or Friday. I ordered last night too at 7:14 Texas time. I kept thinking how lucky you were that you got ahead of me with the silkies but I realize we both lucked out on them. Maybe next time they have a sale, we'll both get Silkies.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom