Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I spoke too soon, they have the special and it's cheaper than last week! Seee: https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=BSPS&Product=1498. I'm very tempted to order again but I have quite a few now and it wasn't pleasant dealing with the post office this morning as they said I can only pick them up during operating hours.
hmm.png

Ordered from Ideal, hatched 5/10, shipped 5/11, arrived 5/12.
PO called me at 7:15, had them in the brooder by 7:45.
Ordered 8, no males, "surprise me."
8 arrived OK, packing list said I got 2 RI Reds, 2 Brown S/L,
2 Gold-pencilled Hamburgs and 2 Yokohamas.

92102_chicks_1_week_old.jpg

Picture of them tonight settling. If it shows or is accessible. I'm new.
Suburban flockmeister. Chickens as pets.
New also to fowl play. My first chicks.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome!
frow.gif

Lol @ "new to fowl play."

You got a NICE assortment of the best layers and most interesting birds! Ideal hooked you up!
yippiechickie.gif

Funny how you went straight to the addicts (see below) forum!
D.gif

Funny how I spend SO much on the chicken addicts forum, I assumed I must have been there!

edited to correct senior moment lol

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats, they are cute chicks. I wanted to get Hamburgs but they are sold out til next year. I got the bantam special last week and expecting another shipment of them on Friday. Last week came mostly clean legged chicks and a couple of cochins.
smile.png

edited to change expected to expecting
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats, they are cute chicks. I wanted to get Hamburgs but they are sold out til next year. I got the bantam special last week and expecting another shipment of them on Friday. Last week came mostly clean legged chicks and a couple of cochins.
smile.png

edited to change expected to expecting
big_smile.png

If you sign up to have them notify you when the breed you want is available, you may be able to get the Hamburgs. I just signed up to be notified about gold brabanters and several colors of OEGB yesterday that the site said were sold out until next year, and they called me this morning and said they should have some of all available on the May 25. I was very surprised.

Shoot I wish I'd done that before they shipped out my order today, I probably won't be ordering until at least a month from now but next time I do I will put in the request- I only want 2 hamburgs and certain bantams so it should work out next time I think.

Quote:
Yes, I did it on the advice of some other members on here, but I was really surprised that they called me the very next day. I was thinking it'd be a few weeks at the least. I'm excited about the chicks, and I've got some lemon blue standard cochins and blue wheaten ameraucanas coming in a month or so. I forsee that I'll probably end up with some extra roosters and possibly hens as well (I ordered 7 of the brabanter hens and 1 roo, and I'll probably end up keeping the best looking 3 or 4 hens), so hopefully, I'll be able to find homes for the extras. I'm thinking that purebred birds will probably be easier to find homes for than mixed ones. I'm trying to refrain from getting any more this year as I'm quite sure with the 16 chicks I've got coming from Ideal next week and the 12 I've got coming from a breeder in state in a few weeks, I'll be rather over my limit.
tongue.png
Of course, I am starting on a new coop (16 x 8) and run (a bit over 100 sq. ft.) this evening with the help of my dad, so I should have plenty of space when we're done.
big_smile.png

I love Ideal but I am a little irritated today.
My poults shipped out Weds and they are still a no show Friday afternoon.
I called them this morning and they said to call the in the morning if I dont get them.
My PO is small, they are not technically open on Sat, but they told me they have 1 truck that comes in at 6:30 AM and they will call me if they are there.
I am expecting a box of dead poults. I normally get an order from Ideal within 24 hours.
I know they will take care of any mishaps, but I have been waiting on these poults for 3 months.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
That's especially weird since you're in the same state. I wonder what could've happened to them; how do you lose a box of chicks in the mail?

Back
Top Bottom